Is it ok if I play this game before playing PE1+2?

#1JW ACEPosted 11/4/2012 8:18:10 AM
I got this for the PSP....I have PE and PE2 for the PS but haven't played them yet (well...played 10 mins of the first one...)

I do plan on playing the PE games....but I'm taking a trip to Nepal in a week....very long flight with long times at the airports. I will be bringing my PSP...wondering if I can pack this game to play. I also have Peace Walker and Castlevania X....so its not like I"ll be bored, but if it hit a hard spot I like to switch and come back....

Either this or Ys 7 as my 3rd game.
---
Currently playing: Max Payne 3(PC) Goldeneye (Wii) Uncharted 3(PS3) MGS: Peace Walker(PSP)
Bring back PQ,KQ, and GK!!! Long live Sierra.
#2lukus_80Posted 11/4/2012 11:35:31 AM
I believe playing this either before or after the first two Parasite Eve games won't make a blind bit of difference. The 3rd Birthday has no actual relevance to the story in the first two, so you won't be spoiling anything, except for seeing a few, albeit badly portrayed, characters from the first two games. Go ahead and blast some beasties in The 3rd Birthday whenever you like, but be sure to play Parasite Eve before Parasite Eve 2 - those two will make a bit more sense that way.
#3clavat_kisaragiPosted 11/6/2012 1:49:51 PM
this game is good, its gameplay is one of the best (imo) of the psp

however the storyline is a big mess

people have played the game before playing 1 y 2, and thought WT*

people have played the game after playing 1 y 2, and thought WT*

so if you liked the gameplay keep this game as a gameplay only game, and skip all the cutscenes!!

and if youre brave then play the game while watching the cutscenes
---
black FC: 2709 0897 8766
pokemon breeder now breeding all 16 starters pm me with your requests :3
#4hugaddictPosted 11/7/2012 12:59:53 PM
You have my permission.
---
http://www.sunsphire.com/Maps.Brave.Story.html
http://www.sunsphire.com/Maps.Crimson.Gem.Saga.html
#5Moeman_Posted 11/22/2012 3:09:41 AM
I think no matter what you do, you should give Parasite Eve and Parasite Eve II a whirl. :)
---
She lives. You just can't keep a good Moon Princess down.
#6JW ACE(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 12:44:50 PM
^Oh yeah...for sure....

I ended up taking that game with me...but didn't play it...I underestimated how much time Peace Walker and Dracula X would take me....still only about halfway through both of them....
---
Currently playing: Max Payne 3(PC) Goldeneye (Wii) Uncharted 3(PS3) MGS: Peace Walker(PSP)
Bring back PQ,KQ, and GK!!! Long live Sierra.
#7Aya_VectraPosted 12/1/2012 5:58:23 PM
Play this first so you can have an UPGRADE when playing I and II. The other way around may make you hate this game.
---
Currently playing: Mana Khemia, SMT: Nocturne, Tales of Graces f