Hamauzu claims to be working in new games

#1SoraandRoxasFanPosted 12/6/2012 10:25:00 AM
Source:http://squareportal.net/2012/11/30/lightning-returns-media-blackout-ends-in-december-hamauzu-is-working-on-the-soundtrack/

'' According to interview by Swiss newspaper, Masashi Hamauzu (The music composer of FFXIII and XIII-2) is working on new games and projects. This information was emerged when they were interviewing him about the concert/tour of Imeruat. Maybe he is composing new music for Lightning Returns while touring with his band and Mina? ''

Hamauzu left the company in 2010, although he still works composing for their games. The only project where he worked that belongs to another company is the anime Binbo-gami ga!, so this could mean that other games are still continuing in development

At the moment, it is unknown if Tabata's team is working on a new game.
#2XeedragonPosted 12/6/2012 1:19:37 PM
SoraandRoxasFan posted...
Source:http://squareportal.net/2012/11/30/lightning-returns-media-blackout-ends-in-december-hamauzu-is-working-on-the-soundtrack/

'' According to interview by Swiss newspaper, Masashi Hamauzu (The music composer of FFXIII and XIII-2) is working on new games and projects. This information was emerged when they were interviewing him about the concert/tour of Imeruat. Maybe he is composing new music for Lightning Returns while touring with his band and Mina? ''

Hamauzu left the company in 2010, although he still works composing for their games. The only project where he worked that belongs to another company is the anime Binbo-gami ga!, so this could mean that other games are still continuing in development

At the moment, it is unknown if Tabata's team is working on a new game.

Interesting. Also, do you have to get every single feat on every single level on every single difficulty to get the pile driver?
#3SoraandRoxasFan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 2:58:54 PM
^ No, you just have to get all weapons and weapon parts from each difficulty mode, although in order to get some of them you have to unlock some of the feats from each one (and make sure Aya is well prepared before playing on Insane mode, otherwise it will be impossible to play at that difficulty mode)

Btw, regarding the topic I think Tabata's team could be slowly developing PE3, since he commented a few months ago that he wasn't working in a game for the Vita, which could mean that Type-0's sequel isn't in development or instead it's being done for PS3.
#4XeedragonPosted 12/6/2012 4:05:37 PM
^ No, you just have to get all weapons and weapon parts from each difficulty mode, although in order to get some of them you have to unlock some of the feats from each one (and make sure Aya is well prepared before playing on Insane mode, otherwise it will be impossible to play at that difficulty mode)

Btw, regarding the topic I think Tabata's team could be slowly developing PE3, since he commented a few months ago that he wasn't working in a game for the Vita, which could mean that Type-0's sequel isn't in development or instead it's being done for PS3.

Are any of the required feats hard?
#5XeedragonPosted 12/6/2012 4:30:28 PM
Xeedragon posted...

Are any of the required feats hard?

Oh, and I heard a new Square Enix title was being developed for the Vita. Did you like PE 1, 2, or the 3rd Birthday better? I personally liked this one the most, I felt it had better gameplay overall and liked the last remnants of resistance idea.
#6SoraandRoxasFan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 9:15:39 AM
^
1. Not really, but they (a few ones) are quite frustating on Insane mode.Also, the description of some feats is misleading.

2. You mean that unnanounced A-RPG made for PS3/Vita with the Unity engine, don't you?

3.Personally, I love all of them, but The 3rd Birthday's story was pretty disapointing to me because of how bad it's told. Since they didn't bother to give some hints in Case Files to understand the entire plot, it didn't seem to make sense at all, until we found in this board someone to translate some pages of The 3rd Birthday Insider. Thanks to that, we know this game is not only non-canon but it gives hints about PE3's story.
#7XeedragonPosted 12/7/2012 12:16:08 PM
^
1. Not really, but they (a few ones) are quite frustating on Insane mode.Also, the description of some feats is misleading.

2. You mean that unnanounced A-RPG made for PS3/Vita with the Unity engine, don't you?

3.Personally, I love all of them, but The 3rd Birthday's story was pretty disapointing to me because of how bad it's told. Since they didn't bother to give some hints in Case Files to understand the entire plot, it didn't seem to make sense at all, until we found in this board someone to translate some pages of The 3rd Birthday Insider. Thanks to that, we know this game is not only non-canon but it gives hints about PE3's story.

Oh, mind linking me to the page where they translated it? I've heard from a couple of relatively reliable sources across the net in the gaming industry to expect a Kingdom Hearts for Vita, and that Parasite Eve 3 has either been delayed or sidelined in favor of Lightning Returns and Versus. Also, what's the best setup to do Insane with, i.e. weapons, feats, etc. Thanks.
#8SoraandRoxasFan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 5:53:25 AM
1. Nomura said in an interview that the next game will end the Xehanort chronicles, a.k.a it will be KH 3. He also said that they don't plan to make a handheld game before the next entry, instead they are making the HD collections in order to allow people play all the games and thus understand the series' plot.

Regarding PE3, I was thinking like you that it had been delayed, but someone told me that focusing most of the resources into two games (LR and FF XIV) doesn't stop the development of other games.

Btw I remember Julien Merceron (worldwide technology director of SE) saying something like the Crystal Tools engine is being used not only for FF, but also for other games as well. Could it mean PE3 is in development? We don't know what Tabata is working on at the moment and the next generation of consoles is very near, so they must be working on it.

2.Here you have (read the third and the fourth pages):

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951987-the-3rd-birthday/63292192?page=1
#9XeedragonPosted 12/9/2012 10:08:01 AM
1. Nomura said in an interview that the next game will end the Xehanort chronicles, a.k.a it will be KH 3. He also said that they don't plan to make a handheld game before the next entry, instead they are making the HD collections in order to allow people play all the games and thus understand the series' plot.

Regarding PE3, I was thinking like you that it had been delayed, but someone told me that focusing most of the resources into two games (LR and FF XIV) doesn't stop the development of other games.

Btw I remember Julien Merceron (worldwide technology director of SE) saying something like the Crystal Tools engine is being used not only for FF, but also for other games as well. Could it mean PE3 is in development? We don't know what Tabata is working on at the moment and the next generation of consoles is very near, so they must be working on it.

2.Here you have (read the third and the fourth pages):

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951987-the-3rd-birthday/63292192?page=1

Thanks. And who the heck are the "Shadow Government''. Every thread regarding the Swat team at the wedding mention them, in regards to PE2, yet I can't find out anything about them.
#10SoraandRoxasFan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 11:59:15 AM
^
*PE2 Major Spoilers*

The Shadow Government (a.k.a the corrupted Government) is the one behind the events of Parasite Eve 2 (the experiments with Aya's mithocondria in the Shelter), this is shown through two of the three endings. It's the one who sent the SWAT team to Aya's wedding.

At first, it could look like they wanted to kill Aya because she is dangerous, but actually the game is (literally) just a dream made by Eve. Some plot details doesn't match with the rest of the story. Aya is sort of immortal because of her mithocondria, so it's not worth for them to kill her. They have kidnapped Eve (who remains in a dream state inside the Overdive device) since her mithocondria can be used to give an ordinary human the same powers as Aya and Eve.

Kyle is involved in Eve's kidnapping. He was just deceiving Aya, making her believe that he was a normal person. He seems to have his own powers because in the ending he goes on a journey to find eternity, despite he is a High One (a.k.a he has Eve's DNA inside his body)

(Sorry if my explanation looks quite confusing, I've tried my best to do it in detail.)