Hamauzu claims to be working in new games

#31XeedragonPosted 12/25/2012 8:02:01 PM
SoraandRoxasFan posted...
Xeedragon posted...
^ Yeah, they have three FF and two new IPs (two A-RPG) for home consoles (also three HD collections) so all their teams are busy. Not to mention developing games for the current generation is much more expensive than in previous generations, so they can't make too many games at the same time. I guess they won't start PE3 until they have released two or three of their HD games

Anyway it's not really bad news. It would be worse to see PE 3's development ending up like FFXIV.

(Some people still believe that PE3 won't exist, that's why I would like to show your quote to them)

The thing is, the people I talked to aren't sure if they'll get to making it, at least not within the next couple of years. I met up with two of them yesterday, and when the topic came up they more or less laughed and said that Eidos was the savior of Square Enix.

Forgot to mention this: I think they're also not in a hurry with PE3 because they'll be outsourcing every large scale project in order to shorten a lot development times. Toriyama was the one who said that. In fact FF XIV and FF XIII-2 are outsourced projects and thanks to that FF XIV is not taking a long time to be fixed.

Outsourcing is pretty much the only thing keeping the company up and running. At this rate I expect them to outsource PE3.
#32SoraandRoxasFan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 9:41:26 AM
Btw, I've showed your quote in other forums but people didn't trust it, they said: '' if it comes from an anonymous who claims to have gotten in touch with SE instead of one of SE's developers it's not trustworthy''

I've told them that your comment is not unrealistic since SE has said that FFXIV has delayed their HD titles and mainly because T3B's secret ending confirms that the game is a spin-off. After that comment I made, they haven't said anything... Either they're ignoring what I said or they have no more doubts.
#33XeedragonPosted 12/28/2012 2:10:39 PM
Btw, I've showed your quote in other forums but people didn't trust it, they said: '' if it comes from an anonymous who claims to have gotten in touch with SE instead of one of SE's developers it's not trustworthy''

I've told them that your comment is not unrealistic since SE has said that FFXIV has delayed their HD titles and mainly because T3B's secret ending confirms that the game is a spin-off. After that comment I made, they haven't said anything... Either they're ignoring what I said or they have no more doubts.

Sorry for that, but I can't go to my friends and ask them to make official statements regarding this stuff. Heck, they'd probably get in trouble for telling me this privately.
#34SoraandRoxasFan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 4:52:49 PM
Don't worry, I'm not asking for it to be officially revealed, I was just commenting what happened in those forums. So your friends are insiders and SE doesn't allow them to publish the information? It makes a lot of sense, if that information they received was fake like that rumor a few months ago about Versus' release date being shown at TGS SE would have let them show it to the public.

I'll keep what you've just told me in secret. Don't want to get your friends in trouble for it.

Btw, if you want to know here are the links to the forums (two Spanish forums) where I told people about the information:

(Comment no. 1497)
http://www.vandal.net/foro/mensaje/800324/sce-worldwide-studios-hasta-pronto-playstation-2-/100

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/foros/viewtopic.php?t=2028122
#35kyushudanjiPosted 12/29/2012 11:15:31 PM
^It would not be unusual to require employees to have a non-disclosure agreement written in their contracts, just to ensure that information remains within the company before it goes public. I think general or vague information may be overlooked, compared to something more explicit.

If PE3 is outsourced, when would you estimate it to be available? Would Hexadrive be given the honors of development?

This is a bit off-topic, but does KH:BBS Vol. 2 fall under the, "We'd like to do it, but we are so busy with other games that we can't work on it right now" comment previously made?
#36XeedragonPosted 12/31/2012 7:53:30 AM
kyushudanji posted...
^It would not be unusual to require employees to have a non-disclosure agreement written in their contracts, just to ensure that information remains within the company before it goes public. I think general or vague information may be overlooked, compared to something more explicit.

If PE3 is outsourced, when would you estimate it to be available? Would Hexadrive be given the honors of development?

This is a bit off-topic, but does KH:BBS Vol. 2 fall under the, "We'd like to do it, but we are so busy with other games that we can't work on it right now" comment previously made?

I don't think I've heard my friends mention Hexadrive. And as for the Kingdom Hearts series, basically they split up the HD collection in order to buy time/make more money to finish up their other projects, but they expect BBS:Volume 2 to be on the Vita.
#37SoraandRoxasFan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 2:10:42 PM
^ Just wondering, are all of SE's teams busy developing games?
#38XeedragonPosted 1/1/2013 3:47:06 PM
^ Just wondering, are all of SE's teams busy developing games?

More or less, but from what I can tell, they're throwing out names of projects that are in development so that they can keep the hype up despite this quickly turning into a public relations nightmare. One of my buds was wondering the other day how Square Enix expects them to do their job(he works within a sub-group of marketing) when they refuse to let them give any new info to the public and then turn around and demand that they get people excited for Lightning Returns. Said friend has developed a hatred of Lightning due to this.
#39SoraandRoxasFan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 6:52:47 AM
Lol, not surprised that your friend is developing a hatred of Lightning.SE is so worried about LR sales despite they are using some elements of Versus' gameplay for LR and FF XIII-2 sold a lot of copies. *Sigh*

I hope SE finally shows Versus at this year's E3. They are going to show something different regarding Agni's demo around June and that game uses Luminous' lighting, so the ''steal the spotlight'' excuse is no longer a valid one. After all,a next-gen game coming from them could steal the spotlight to LR (Even people would be more interested in FFXIV)
#40XeedragonPosted 1/2/2013 2:11:32 PM
Lol, not surprised that your friend is developing a hatred of Lightning.SE is so worried about LR sales despite they are using some elements of Versus' gameplay for LR and FF XIII-2 sold a lot of copies. *Sigh*

I hope SE finally shows Versus at this year's E3. They are going to show something different regarding Agni's demo around June and that game uses Luminous' lighting, so the ''steal the spotlight'' excuse is no longer a valid one. After all,a next-gen game coming from them could steal the spotlight to LR (Even people would be more interested in FFXIV)

My friend copes with this by playing Dissidia 012 and killing Lightning using Feral Chaos' EX super attack(the one with the swords) over and over again. I'm not sure how healthy this is, speaking psychologically, but it seems to help him deal with it.