Question about the oe skills

#1_DeathBerry_Posted 12/16/2012 9:28:43 PM
What level does my oe skill needs to be for them to activate during battle a lot? My highest one is power surge at lvl 14 and I barely see it activate.. Also, how many oe skills should I be putting in my board? What is consider a well balance dna board?
---
"You think so little of me? Or is it... You think so much of yourself?" - Yukishiro Enishi
#2SSj7CloudSPosted 12/17/2012 2:07:55 AM
As for what board to aim for ultimately, here's where we discuss that:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951987-the-3rd-birthday/59508283

You'll quickly see what skills are universally used by everyone. Other topics have the same answers so I felt only one link was needed.

Skills max out at level 25, which no single node on the board can hit until you're level 53. They also have a lower chance to activate based on difficulty so that can affect things as well.
---
Playing: Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem, Muramasa the Demon Blade, Prince of Persia (PS3, the 2008 game)
PSN: jext77
#3gadgaurdPosted 12/19/2012 8:58:02 PM
SSj7CloudS posted...
As for what board to aim for ultimately, here's where we discuss that:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951987-the-3rd-birthday/59508283

You'll quickly see what skills are universally used by everyone. Other topics have the same answers so I felt only one link was needed.

Skills max out at level 25, which no single node on the board can hit until you're level 53. They also have a lower chance to activate based on difficulty so that can affect things as well.

Difficulty affects that as well? Wow.
---
I'm an amateur writer. I write CYOAs to practice.
#4SSj7CloudSPosted 12/20/2012 6:39:07 PM
Afraid so. I remember there being a couple topics that talked about it as well, I'm sure they're archived somewhere. But I an a few others a while back tested out skill rate activation frequency to see if it was lower or the same on various difficulties and we kept finding that skills like Power Surge and Barrier won't show up nearly as often on insane as they do on say, easy or normal. I've had it for instance where I've gone entire episodes on Insane and Power Surge never activated.
---
Playing: Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem, Muramasa the Demon Blade, Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (PS3)
PSN: jext77
#5gadgaurdPosted 12/20/2012 9:27:43 PM
SSj7CloudS posted...
Afraid so. I remember there being a couple topics that talked about it as well, I'm sure they're archived somewhere. But I an a few others a while back tested out skill rate activation frequency to see if it was lower or the same on various difficulties and we kept finding that skills like Power Surge and Barrier won't show up nearly as often on insane as they do on say, easy or normal. I've had it for instance where I've gone entire episodes on Insane and Power Surge never activated.

Huh. In all my insane runs I've gotten used to the worst activation rate without realizing it.
---
I'm an amateur writer. I write CYOAs to practice.
#6kyushudanjiPosted 12/21/2012 3:41:23 AM
In addition, a few skills seem to have priority over others. I made the mistake of having Healing and Antibody on one board. They activated more often than Restock.