I just went through Deadly Mode without Restock. How about Insane?

#1gadgaurdPosted 12/21/2012 12:28:36 AM
Think it's possible? I also didn't use any cheats.
---
I'm an amateur writer. I write CYOAs to practice.
#2kyushudanjiPosted 12/21/2012 4:35:58 AM
It is not impossible, but I would not want to invite the frustration. The weapons with the strongest firepower have the lowest ammo reserves. Unless you know how to get out of an area quickly, and you memorize the location of the supply boxes, you will be in for a long fight. Good luck if you are able to do it.
#3gadgaurd(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2012 5:01:04 AM
I think I'd have even MORE frustration trying to find a single Restock chip, placing it over my Inferno, and then maxing it. That's worse than the final boss on Genocide, man.

And don't get me started on having to work with a double chip.

Anyway, it should be fine if I use the WELT-Lite and another ODK weapon, since that's my main source of damage. Consequently, the Blaze Edge was invaluable during the fight with Emily and most of chapter 5.
---
I'm an amateur writer. I write CYOAs to practice.
#4SSj7CloudSPosted 12/21/2012 9:27:40 PM
Hard to deadly isn't quite the same as deadly to insane sadly, the power and health boost they get on insane is outright unfair to you even when you're maxed. Oh you can do it without restock, you're just going to have to fight very carefully and get really good at hitting critical points with a sniper rifle. Knowing each and every ammo box location and when to get them would also be a must.
---
Playing: Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem, Muramasa the Demon Blade, Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (PS3)
PSN: jext77
#5eixeeeePosted 12/27/2012 2:48:15 AM
gadgaurd posted...
without Restock. How about Insane?

Anyway, it should be fine if I use the WELT-Lite and another ODK weapon

So you're inviting Rovers and Worms for a free lunch?

It could probably be done, maybe. It was invaluable for my Rank AAA Insane run and that involved meticulous use of ammo, of which even then I still found myself short at times.

Episode 3-3 will be pretty rough, considering that the Satellite Cannon is now a 2~4HKO at best on Rovers on Insane.
---
White 2 FC: 2924 7143 7261
27/10/11: Eix ~ MV (That smile! :D)
#6gadgaurd(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 1:42:45 AM
eixeeee posted...
gadgaurd posted...
without Restock. How about Insane?

Anyway, it should be fine if I use the WELT-Lite and another ODK weapon

So you're inviting Rovers and Worms for a free lunch?

It could probably be done, maybe. It was invaluable for my Rank AAA Insane run and that involved meticulous use of ammo, of which even then I still found myself short at times.

Episode 3-3 will be pretty rough, considering that the Satellite Cannon is now a 2~4HKO at best on Rovers on Insane.

Rovers, I can handle. Worms will be a problem, but Liberation spam should win the day. But...I can't get past Gabby, lol.
---
Vesna esta holicia.
#7SSj7CloudSPosted 12/28/2012 7:42:54 AM
Liberation spam isn't quite as effective anymore on insane, you're going to quickly find that out. Liberation still does decent damage but it isn't anywhere near as good as it is on hard or deadly. Rovers in 3-3 you're going to need to be perfectly accurate now with the cannon, one miss and they're on you an it's very likely your life bar is gone.
---
Playing: Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem, Muramasa the Demon Blade, Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (PS3)
#8eixeeeePosted 12/28/2012 4:18:09 PM
SSj7CloudS posted...
Rovers in 3-3 you're going to need to be perfectly accurate now with the cannon, one miss and they're on you an it's very likely your life bar is gone.

Don't they tank the hit in Insane and keep floating your way anyway?

I mean, I didn't use the Satellite Cannon so I dunno about that. Sniping them all down was the safer choice, especially when it came to keeping others alive.
---
White 2 FC: 2924 7143 7261
27/10/11: Eix ~ MV (That smile! :D)
#9SSj7CloudSPosted 12/28/2012 5:51:30 PM
eixeeee posted...
SSj7CloudS posted...
Rovers in 3-3 you're going to need to be perfectly accurate now with the cannon, one miss and they're on you an it's very likely your life bar is gone.

Don't they tank the hit in Insane and keep floating your way anyway?

I mean, I didn't use the Satellite Cannon so I dunno about that. Sniping them all down was the safer choice, especially when it came to keeping others alive.

Right, they can now tank a direct shot. It still takes away a massive chunk of their health but they can't be one-shotted anymore, it's inviting you getting killed if you miss or if it goes right for you after it's hit and it's not on the other side of the map.
---
#10kyushudanjiPosted 12/29/2012 11:34:00 PM
Rovers, I can handle. Worms will be a problem, but Liberation spam should win the day. But...I can't get past Gabby, lol.

The Humvee is your friend when you fight Gabby. Position the soldiers so that when she attacks, the Humvee is not damaged. OD to it and use short bursts to whittle down her health. You will have to make some adjustments during her second phase--where she splits into multiple copies--but you should be able to finish her off.