The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Do you think that... (Ending spoilers)

#1SoraandRoxasFanPosted 1/2/2013 9:53:34 AM
... Eve's body is currently the same as Aya physically?

I have read in the Parasite Eve series wiki that in the secret ending Eve sees Aya taller than her despite being in the same body. It would be natural for her to have aged since she lost her powers after the events of PE2, in fact this is told in Case Files.

It could explain why she sees herself as Aya and her reaction when Kyle came back to life after she shot Aya, but it's confusing to see her in the wedding scene as young as in PE2.

Here's the secret ending if you want to check the difference in height:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xidtj7_the-3rd-birthday-the-4th-birthday-secret-ending-eng-psp_videogames#.UORkj6x42So
#2kyushudanjiPosted 1/3/2013 9:06:51 AM
Good question. Even though their bodies are similar, Eve is a clone of Aya, and underwent accelerated physical development in a short span of time. It would not surprise me if there was a fail safe "written" in her body (and any subsequent clones), such as cellular degeneration or being burned out by her powers, to inhibit her access to her mitochondria. Eve is seen as a powerful tool, so some type of control would be needed in case she asserts her will, or is used by someone else.

The height difference could be a figurative interpretation. Eve truly desires to be like Aya due to the events of PE2. Young children are very impressionable and have the tendency to idolize the person who has the greatest influence in their lives at the moment. No matter what she does, Eve's actions--in her mind--will never be as great as Aya`s. People often honor the person they adore/respect by elevating him/her.

However, the literal interpretation could be biological in nature. There are slight differences between identical twins (e.g., weight, height). It is possible that any differences are more noticeable between a clone and the original.
#3SoraandRoxasFan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 1:15:12 PM
^ That could explain why Hyde wants to fuse with Eve's body, since he says to Eve: ''Your body will soon be destroyed'' .Because of him being the integrated form of the High Ones, he has Eve's DNA, so Hyde maybe wanted to sustain Eve due to her body not being immortal.
#4XeedragonPosted 1/5/2013 9:59:35 AM
SoraandRoxasFan posted...
... Eve's body is currently the same as Aya physically?

I have read in the Parasite Eve series wiki that in the secret ending Eve sees Aya taller than her despite being in the same body. It would be natural for her to have aged since she lost her powers after the events of PE2, in fact this is told in Case Files.

It could explain why she sees herself as Aya and her reaction when Kyle came back to life after she shot Aya, but it's confusing to see her in the wedding scene as young as in PE2.

Here's the secret ending if you want to check the difference in height:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xidtj7_the-3rd-birthday-the-4th-birthday-secret-ending-eng-psp_videogames#.UORkj6x42So

I personally think Aya underwent a journey and this aged her beyond her old body.
---
Fan testimonials: Virtue777: Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Xeedragon/boards
Kewldude475: You...hav(e)...unfathomable skill.
#5SoraandRoxasFan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 3:39:27 PM
^ Aya is actually dead (but only in Eve's mind/dream). In fact, she says when we shoot her: '' I won't disappear'' and later Kyle says that he and Aya will be watching over Eve (although Kyle is alive)

I was referring to Eve's physical appearance. She lost her powers in the ending of PE2, so her body could have aged. Also, she could not be immortal since she was created according to what kyushudanji commented in this thread about a fail safe ''written'' in her body to avoid her to become a threat, which seems to be the case: in PE2 Aya makes a comment saying that if she continues using her powers like that her body could be burned out.
#6XeedragonPosted 1/7/2013 7:52:51 PM
^ Aya is actually dead (but only in Eve's mind/dream). In fact, she says when we shoot her: '' I won't disappear'' and later Kyle says that he and Aya will be watching over Eve (although Kyle is alive)

I was referring to Eve's physical appearance. She lost her powers in the ending of PE2, so her body could have aged. Also, she could not be immortal since she was created according to what kyushudanji commented in this thread about a fail safe ''written'' in her body to avoid her to become a threat, which seems to be the case: in PE2 Aya makes a comment saying that if she continues using her powers like that her body could be burned out.

Yes, but at considering all the other strange things that happen in the game, wouldn't Aya's conscience still be around, a la Kingdom Hearts. Eve does look somewhat older, though like you said earlier, this game could be a dream, or a simulation, etc. Has anybody actually confirmed it's noncanon?
---
Fan testimonials: Virtue777: Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Xeedragon/boards
#7SSj7CloudSPosted 1/7/2013 10:16:59 PM
Xeedragon posted...

Yes, but at considering all the other strange things that happen in the game, wouldn't Aya's conscience still be around, a la Kingdom Hearts. Eve does look somewhat older, though like you said earlier, this game could be a dream, or a simulation, etc. Has anybody actually confirmed it's noncanon?

Nothing official has been stated, at least nothing I could find after looking though you can easily argue that since SE said this was a spinoff title in the first place that it's in it's own universe anyway and just uses characters from the past games for familiarity.
---
Playing: Resident Evil 4 HD, Muramasa the Demon Blade, Metroid Other M, Dragon Quest IX Sentinel of the Starry Skies.
PSN: jext77
#8gadgaurdPosted 1/7/2013 10:40:23 PM
Another theory I'm surprised hasn't been given yet: The story starts on a timeline far removed from PE1&2. The game itself uses the "many worlds theory".
---
Vesna esta holicia.
#9SSj7CloudSPosted 1/8/2013 12:13:01 AM
I'd prefer any of the fan theories talked about in the threads here honestly, at least they show a lot of thought and consideration. SE just kinda flipped tables and went "This is what you get, enjoy!"
---
Playing: Resident Evil 4 HD, Muramasa the Demon Blade, Metroid Other M, Dragon Quest IX Sentinel of the Starry Skies.
PSN: jext77
#10XeedragonPosted 1/12/2013 6:48:41 AM
gadgaurd posted...
Another theory I'm surprised hasn't been given yet: The story starts on a timeline far removed from PE1&2. The game itself uses the "many worlds theory".

Yeah, this is heavily implied.
---