The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Parasite Eve 2 Ending

#1XeedragonPosted 1/2/2013 1:15:03 PM
Just watched it and I have a couple of questions:
What the hell just happened? I mean, this is worse than Halo 2's ending. It looks like they cut it off mid-cutscene.
Is the secret organization working with the government or not? Is Kyle Madigan still working for the secret organization despite disappearing?
Do Aya and Eve still have their powers?
#2SSj7CloudSPosted 1/2/2013 3:27:49 PM
Xeedragon posted...
What the hell just happened? I mean, this is worse than Halo 2's ending. It looks like they cut it off mid-cutscene.
Is the secret organization working with the government or not? Is Kyle Madigan still working for the secret organization despite disappearing?

As far as just PE2 goes, in order:

Yes.
No.
Aya does, Eve does not anymore.

They talk about it in the ending that after what happened in the final battle, Eve lost her powers and can live as a normal girl with Aya and Kyle now. It's revealed Kyle was a double agent, acting as if he were part of the shadow group and on your side to get information. He had been working directly under the President at the time. The ending also goes on to tell you that Kyle quit after the events of the second game and was now being hunted by the same government he worked for because of what he knows about the ANMC incident.
---
Playing: Resident Evil 4 HD, Muramasa the Demon Blade, Metroid Other M, Dragon Quest IX Sentinel of the Starry Skies.
PSN: jext77
#3Xeedragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 1:24:03 PM
SSj7CloudS posted...
Xeedragon posted...

As far as just PE2 goes, in order:

Yes.
No.
Aya does, Eve does not anymore.

They talk about it in the ending that after what happened in the final battle, Eve lost her powers and can live as a normal girl with Aya and Kyle now. It's revealed Kyle was a double agent, acting as if he were part of the shadow group and on your side to get information. He had been working directly under the President at the time. The ending also goes on to tell you that Kyle quit after the events of the second game and was now being hunted by the same government he worked for because of what he knows about the ANMC incident.

That's about what I thought. Though why the heck does he appear to be the villain in the 3rd Birthday old trailers?
#4SSj7CloudSPosted 1/3/2013 5:45:14 PM
Couldn't tell you, my best guess is for anyone who played PE2 and know of Kyle and Aya's relationship it was suppose to bring about intrigue like "Wait, weren't they together in the end? What happened here, why does she have a gun pointed at him?" The game really was meant just for PE fans, though whether it catered to you as a fan tends to really strongly be you liked it or hated it for what it did to PE.
---
Playing: Resident Evil 4 HD, Muramasa the Demon Blade, Metroid Other M, Dragon Quest IX Sentinel of the Starry Skies.
#5SoraandRoxasFanPosted 1/4/2013 2:24:59 PM
If you think about it, it wouldn't be strange that Kyle becomes a villian in the next PE game. He was the fake SWAT soldier who put the bomb in the Akropolis tower, the proof of it is found in the scene that takes place at the nursery.

Although it's kind of suspicious that the Government decides to hunt him. I mean, perhaps they think he would reveal who is behind the creation of the ANMCs, but still it doesn't add up enough.
#6Xeedragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 8:51:19 AM
SoraandRoxasFan posted...
If you think about it, it wouldn't be strange that Kyle becomes a villian in the next PE game. He was the fake SWAT soldier who put the bomb in the Akropolis tower, the proof of it is found in the scene that takes place at the nursery.

Although it's kind of suspicious that the Government decides to hunt him. I mean, perhaps they think he would reveal who is behind the creation of the ANMCs, but still it doesn't add up enough.

What's the proof(I haven't played the game)? And maybe the secret government isn't behind the real government. Or Kyle has his own agenda.
---
Fan testimonials: Virtue777: Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Xeedragon/boards
Kewldude475: You...hav(e)...unfathomable skill.
#7SoraandRoxasFanPosted 1/5/2013 3:39:29 PM
1) The proof is that when they're talking after finding Eve at the nursery, Kyle comments that the ANMCs from Akropolis tower could be not just escaping the Shelter, but also showing they're back.Then Aya reacts saying: ''Wait a second... How did you know about the ANMCs at the Akropolis?''

Later in the ending, Kyle and Eve are seen with No.9, a character who Aya met at the Akropolis tower that belongs to the secret organization.

2) I think it could be possible that Kyle had his own agenda. I'm replaying the game to get the endings that are left and I saw today a cutscene where the president is told that another barrier has appeared. The staff member who told him that convinced him to attack the place where it has appeared with a satellite weapon by claiming that the lives of the US citizens are in danger.

Now I'm quite sure after seeing that cutscene that there are members from the secret organization inside the US government and they're using that influence without the president being aware of the control they have over him.

Although after that cutscene if you check some computers in the place where the US Army puts a tent one of the soldiers tells you not to look at the information in the screen because it's secret information.
#8Xeedragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 8:34:42 AM
SoraandRoxasFan posted...
1) The proof is that when they're talking after finding Eve at the nursery, Kyle comments that the ANMCs from Akropolis tower could be not just escaping the Shelter, but also showing they're back.Then Aya reacts saying: ''Wait a second... How did you know about the ANMCs at the Akropolis?''

Later in the ending, Kyle and Eve are seen with No.9, a character who Aya met at the Akropolis tower that belongs to the secret organization.

2) I think it could be possible that Kyle had his own agenda. I'm replaying the game to get the endings that are left and I saw today a cutscene where the president is told that another barrier has appeared. The staff member who told him that convinced him to attack the place where it has appeared with a satellite weapon by claiming that the lives of the US citizens are in danger.

Now I'm quite sure after seeing that cutscene that there are members from the secret organization inside the US government and they're using that influence without the president being aware of the control they have over him.

Although after that cutscene if you check some computers in the place where the US Army puts a tent one of the soldiers tells you not to look at the information in the screen because it's secret information.

Ah, thanks for that. I've only played the 3rd Birthday, but I'm starting to hate Square Enix for not making a Parasite Eve 3. I hope it won't end up like Half Life 3, where Steam just ignored it to focus on other projects. Oh,yeah, that reminds me. In another thread you said Kyle says something before/after he shoots No. 9 about the secret organization? And which is better, Parasite Eve 1 or Resident Evil 1?
---
Fan testimonials: Virtue777: Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Xeedragon/boards
#9SSj7CloudSPosted 1/6/2013 12:47:06 PM
Xeedragon posted...

Ah, thanks for that. I've only played the 3rd Birthday, but I'm starting to hate Square Enix for not making a Parasite Eve 3. I hope it won't end up like Half Life 3, where Steam just ignored it to focus on other projects. Oh,yeah, that reminds me. In another thread you said Kyle says something before/after he shoots No. 9 about the secret organization? And which is better, Parasite Eve 1 or Resident Evil 1?

All he really says is he was playing both sides to get the information he needed. Before that he was just talking like he was part of their group about ANMC's eventually taking over.

If I may offer my opinion I find PE1 to be much more enjoyable, really didn't like RE1. It's save system bothered me, needing ink ribbons to use at a typewriter to save. They aren't scarce but it really is a needless mechanic too. The controls are really tanky and kind of annoying to get used to as well, if you've ever played Onimusha 1 or 2, any other RE game or PE2 then you'll know exactly how it controls. If not, then a quick description. Pressing left just turns your character left, right turns you right, you never move in these directions you just turn. Why? Because pressing up is what makes you move in these games and pressing down will have you back step quite slowly. The voice acting is legendary in how awful it is, though it could make you laugh at times too so it could be worth it for that.

It does have some good points to it though. It is a pretty easy game overall, you're given enough healing items and weapons/ammo to get you through, those this is helped by the enemies generally being monumentally stupid. It does tell a good story and you have the option to play as one of two characters with one of them more or less being the hard mode (Jill is the easier route, Chris is the 'hard' route) he gets less to work with and less inventory space so you may consider that more difficult. It's soundtrack is nearly nonexistent intentionally so that it makes it's jump scares more effective when they do happen, though if you aren't a fan of that kind of scare it's just likely going to annoy you when it does happen.

PE1 on the other hand doesn't have nearly as many flaws, really it's biggest one is that Aya moves slower than you'd like for her too which must have been an intentional design choice as when you get the Haste spell for her later (only usable in battle) she can actually move decently quick. You're left wondering why they didn't have her move quicker than they did, doesn't do anything to heighten scares as everything you fight just kinda appears on screen like a random encounter. See, every area has a pre-set number of creatures you'll fight and when you've cleared out that screen, encounters won't happen there again until you leave and comeback where some enemies might come back. It generally means you can't do any kind of grinding but it also keeps you sufficiently leveled up enough to take on whatever you're currently fighting.
---
#10Xeedragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 2:13:28 PM
SSj7CloudS posted...
Xeedragon posted...

All he really says is he was playing both sides to get the information he needed. Before that he was just talking like he was part of their group about ANMC's eventually taking over.

If I may offer my opinion I find PE1 to be much more enjoyable, really didn't like RE1. It's save system bothered me, needing ink ribbons to use at a typewriter to save. They aren't scarce but it really is a needless mechanic too. The controls are really tanky and kind of annoying to get used to as well, if you've ever played Onimusha 1 or 2, any other RE game or PE2 then you'll know exactly how it controls. If not, then a quick description. Pressing left just turns your character left, right turns you right, you never move in these directions you just turn. Why? Because pressing up is what makes you move in these games and pressing down will have you back step quite slowly. The voice acting is legendary in how awful it is, though it could make you laugh at times too so it could be worth it for that.

It does have some good points to it though. It is a pretty easy game overall, you're given enough healing items and weapons/ammo to get you through, those this is helped by the enemies generally being monumentally stupid. It does tell a good story and you have the option to play as one of two characters with one of them more or less being the hard mode (Jill is the easier route, Chris is the 'hard' route) he gets less to work with and less inventory space so you may consider that more difficult. It's soundtrack is nearly nonexistent intentionally so that it makes it's jump scares more effective when they do happen, though if you aren't a fan of that kind of scare it's just likely going to annoy you when it does happen.

PE1 on the other hand doesn't have nearly as many flaws, really it's biggest one is that Aya moves slower than you'd like for her too which must have been an intentional design choice as when you get the Haste spell for her later (only usable in battle) she can actually move decently quick. You're left wondering why they didn't have her move quicker than they did, doesn't do anything to heighten scares as everything you fight just kinda appears on screen like a random encounter. See, every area has a pre-set number of creatures you'll fight and when you've cleared out that screen, encounters won't happen there again until you leave and comeback where some enemies might come back. It generally means you can't do any kind of grinding but it also keeps you sufficiently leveled up enough to take on whatever you're currently fighting.

So mapping the controls wouldn't really help for Resident Evil. Darn.
---
More topics from this board...
Old Trailerliamx2000212/24 12:46PM