Parasite Eve 2 Ending

#11SSj7CloudSPosted 1/6/2013 3:17:47 PM(edited)
It might make it easier to get adjusted to how the control scheme works but other than that there won't be any helping how it plays. I didn't mention the camera angles sometimes being awful in RE1 just because there's one of two stances people always take on it, that it's intended that way so you can't see what jumps out at you and plan before hand, because how can it be scary or make you jump if you can see it and whip out a pistol to kill it before it moves.

The other side of that argument is if you can't see it you're just going to take a needless hit anyway from something you can't possibly avoid because you don't know it's there ahead of time. In short you're getting punished not because you're playing bad, but because Capcom felt like being jerks and made the enemy impossible to see due to the camera. This doesn't happen too often, but when it does you just get annoyed because something easily killed just hit you for no good reason.

I will never understand why RE games are classified as horror. Horror is supposed to be you have no real way to fend for yourself and if an abomination sees you and catches you, you're going to lose. If you've ever played Penumbra, Clock Tower, Haunting Ground, you'll understand what I mean. All RE games really are in the end is just you loading up a character with SWAT-level gear an even military grade weaponry in some games (Code Veronica's Linear Launcher, RE2 and 4 when you get a rocket launcher to nuke the last boss) and blasting everything that moves. An that's fine, that can be fun but that's not scary, you can easily dispatch what is supposed to scare you.
That's just me, some people scare a lot easier so I guess it works for some.
---
Playing: Resident Evil 4 HD, Muramasa the Demon Blade, Metroid Other M, Dragon Quest IX Sentinel of the Starry Skies.
PSN: jext77
#12Xeedragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 5:50:55 AM
SSj7CloudS posted...
It might make it easier to get adjusted to how the control scheme works but other than that there won't be any helping how it plays. I didn't mention the camera angles sometimes being awful in RE1 just because there's one of two stances people always take on it, that it's intended that way so you can't see what jumps out at you and plan before hand, because how can it be scary or make you jump if you can see it and whip out a pistol to kill it before it moves.

The other side of that argument is if you can't see it you're just going to take a needless hit anyway from something you can't possibly avoid because you don't know it's there ahead of time. In short you're getting punished not because you're playing bad, but because Capcom felt like being jerks and made the enemy impossible to see due to the camera. This doesn't happen too often, but when it does you just get annoyed because something easily killed just hit you for no good reason.

I will never understand why RE games are classified as horror. Horror is supposed to be you have no real way to fend for yourself and if an abomination sees you and catches you, you're going to lose. If you've ever played Penumbra, Clock Tower, Haunting Ground, you'll understand what I mean. All RE games really are in the end is just you loading up a character with SWAT-level gear an even military grade weaponry in some games (Code Veronica's Linear Launcher, RE2 and 4 when you get a rocket launcher to nuke the last boss) and blasting everything that moves. An that's fine, that can be fun but that's not scary, you can easily dispatch what is supposed to scare you.
That's just me, some people scare a lot easier so I guess it works for some.

I read around a bit and found out that Capcom made the controls and camera terrible in order to make it more "scary".
---
Fan testimonials: Virtue777: Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Xeedragon/boards
Kewldude475: You...hav(e)...unfathomable skill.
#13SSj7CloudSPosted 1/12/2013 3:52:50 PM
I know that was their reason, but it really doesn't make anything frightening when you're armed with a handgun, later a magnum, shotgun and grenade launchers with varying kinds of elemental rounds, and in RE4's case can buy a rocket launcher to nuke the boss in one shot. It gives jump scares occasionally I guess, but that's not even a scare, it just startles you because it's loud. I don't remain scared, I just get annoyed and blow whatever caused it away with the magnum. RE3 Nemesis should've been the one to get it right by having this unkillable Tyrant chase you around and kill you if it reaches you. Problem was...you could still take it down and it rewarded you with unique gun parts or items for doing so. Wasted a lot of ammo when you should probably run, yes, but it's that it's doable that's the problem.
---
Playing: Resident Evil 4 HD, Muramasa the Demon Blade, Metroid Other M, Dragon Quest IX Sentinel of the Starry Skies.
#14Xeedragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 2:38:14 PM
SSj7CloudS posted...
I know that was their reason, but it really doesn't make anything frightening when you're armed with a handgun, later a magnum, shotgun and grenade launchers with varying kinds of elemental rounds, and in RE4's case can buy a rocket launcher to nuke the boss in one shot. It gives jump scares occasionally I guess, but that's not even a scare, it just startles you because it's loud. I don't remain scared, I just get annoyed and blow whatever caused it away with the magnum. RE3 Nemesis should've been the one to get it right by having this unkillable Tyrant chase you around and kill you if it reaches you. Problem was...you could still take it down and it rewarded you with unique gun parts or items for doing so. Wasted a lot of ammo when you should probably run, yes, but it's that it's doable that's the problem.

From what I've seen of the Nemesis fights, all you have to do is dodge spam and alternate shotgun and pistol rounds.
---
Fan testimonials: Virtue777: Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Xeedragon/boards
Kewldude475: You...hav(e)...unfathomable skill.
#15SSj7CloudSPosted 1/14/2013 9:01:56 PM
Yeah, it doesn't take much to beat him. You can also run an avoid fighting him which me personally I'd have preferred you have to do just because it otherwise makes the main enemy of the game look like a total cakewalk, which it is.
---