Just beat it...now what?

#1mMarikomPosted 1/10/2013 6:27:24 PM
Should I unlock feats? Farm DNA Chips? I kinda had a topic on the previous page but it was more or less made before I started the game. Now I just beat it and I'm trying to figure out what I absolutely have to do to beat the remaining difficulties without resorting to cheat codes. Any advice is appreciated (again lol) thanks
---
PSN: Arent_We_Clever
3DS Friend Code: 2234 8016 4687 Nickname: Mariko
#2SSj7CloudSPosted 1/10/2013 6:55:41 PM
You really don't ever need the assist codes at all even on Insane, they just make life a lot easier if you're having that much trouble. Finished it on normal? Then just play through it again normally on hard mode, it's towards the end of hard mode and a bit into deadly mode that you'll want to start farming for some chips to max out abilities on your DNA board, you likely won't even hit level 53 to do this for a single OE node until deadly mode anyway. For now just try an aim for the essential abilities you want to have on your board by getting whatever chips you come across.

Feats on easy and normal won't really give you much anything so you don't need to bother on those modes unless you want some practice for them to do again on hard and higher. You will want to start unlocking what feats you can earn from here on for the weapon parts they give you however.
---
Playing: Resident Evil 4 HD, Muramasa the Demon Blade, Metroid Other M, Dragon Quest IX Sentinel of the Starry Skies.
PSN: jext77
#3mMarikom(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 8:22:47 PM
What about unlocking weapons? And the whole "farming BP and OE chips thing". What should I do as far as that goes? I kinda don't want to have to keep making topics and spamming the board >_>
---
PSN: Arent_We_Clever
3DS Friend Code: 2234 8016 4687 Nickname: Mariko
#4SSj7CloudSPosted 1/10/2013 10:02:34 PM
It's a fairly dead board anyway, I doubt anyone who still comes here would honestly care.

You'll get more weapons just from playing, all but a few are earned just by diving into the soldiers with the gun symbol next to their name. The rest are game clear rewards for beating it on that particular difficulty or earning feats. Really there's only a couple weapons earned through feats and they're both on Insane. There is Lightning's costume that comes with the Blaze Edge but that's just again earning feats, you need 57 of them out of all 114 feats between hard, deadly and insane.

For farming chips, it's just a simple matter of having Odds Up on your board somewhere and triggering a lot of ODK's on enemies later on. The Reaper and Hyde if you can manage them can give you nice chips and sometimes more importantly a chip with a single DNA node on it, these make fantastic time savers when you want to level up just one specific ability and not have to constantly deal with the reshuffling.

If you want a lot more BP (and exp too as a result) wait till at least deadly or insane and do the trick in Episode 3-2 where you can lure the Snatchers to constantly kill themselves on the lasers. It isn't worth doing on normal or hard because you get so little BP it's just not worth wasting the time, even on Insane you're going to be leaving your psp on the charger letting them kill themselves for at least 12 hours doing this trick to get the BP you'll need to max everything.
---
Playing: Resident Evil 4 HD, Muramasa the Demon Blade, Metroid Other M, Dragon Quest IX Sentinel of the Starry Skies.
PSN: jext77