Anyone else dislike...

#1KadirothPosted 1/18/2013 12:04:02 PM
Aya's character model in 3rd birthday compared to the first two games?
---
"And I thought my jokes were bad." - Joker
#2XeedragonPosted 1/18/2013 3:16:40 PM
Kadiroth posted...
Aya's character model in 3rd birthday compared to the first two games?

Bit skinny, but I prefer it.
---
Fan testimonials: Virtue777: Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Xeedragon/boards
Kewldude475: You...hav(e)...unfathomable skill.
#3SSj7CloudSPosted 1/18/2013 7:26:01 PM
I'm fine with the model, though I still maintain that I wish we would've gotten costumes like PE1's opera dress, PE2's attire or even the wedding dress shown here.
---
Playing: Wild Arms 5, Muramasa the Demon Blade, Metroid Other M, Dragon Quest IX Sentinel of the Starry Skies.
PSN: jext77
#4lukus_80Posted 1/19/2013 11:35:45 AM
I don't like the character model they did for Aya in The 3rd Birthday. It looks a bit too skinny and weedy to me. I prefer the Parasite Eve 2 model the most. She has a nice figure and cool attire in that one, something you could warm up to. The character model in Parasite Eve looked a bit funny to me - those stick-legs! It seemed to me like the first game had rather primitive 3D graphics (just the models I refer to) that made some characters (especially the women) look a little odd. That said, I still prefer the older games' character models over The 3rd Birthday's Aya model.
#5izayummikiwiPosted 1/19/2013 5:52:14 PM
I don't like her T3B model. Far too skinny and too much emphasis on making her "sexy." She looks weak, like someone who doesn't belong on the battlefield.

It's hard to judge her model from the first game. She looks a little weird and her body is absurdly thin in places, but a lot of the characters are. It seems more a result of the graphical limitations. As for the second game, I liked her model a lot. She looks good without looking ridiculous or impossible, and she looks tough.

I definitely prefer the models of the previous games to the one she has here.
#6DragonKnight387Posted 1/26/2013 1:54:42 PM
izayummikiwi posted...
I don't like her T3B model. Far too skinny and too much emphasis on making her "sexy." She looks weak, like someone who doesn't belong on the battlefield.

It's hard to judge her model from the first game. She looks a little weird and her body is absurdly thin in places, but a lot of the characters are. It seems more a result of the graphical limitations. As for the second game, I liked her model a lot. She looks good without looking ridiculous or impossible, and she looks tough.

I definitely prefer the models of the previous games to the one she has here.

Given that the character herself isn't really meant for the battlefield, her scrawniness is most likely a result of the writer.

I'm somewhat conflicted on her design. The main reason why I got this game really was because of her sexiness and her attire. But you are right that if she looked a bit more muscular than she is now, she'd be a better design.
---
3DS:1075-0914-2884
The Last Story: 2108-6326-5464.
#7PaladinCecilPosted 2/2/2013 8:17:44 AM
izayummikiwi posted...

That was pretty much their intent though, because Toriyama and Tabata have absolutely no respect for Aya Brea or Parasite Eve and saw it as an opportunity to force their horny otaku wet dreams into something official. And, I suspect, Toriyama saw it as an opportunity to ruin a great past female protagonist that he considered to be a "threat" to Lightning being seen as the best and only one Squeenix has.

Since, you know, Toriyama is a hack, and that's what hacks do. They ruin good things not made by them because they think only their "genius" matters.
---
"Without me along, who will heal you when you're hurt?" - Rosa Farrell, Final Fantasy IV
#8Miku_369Posted 2/2/2013 2:01:30 PM
Jesus Christ are you still going on about that?

Its been TWO YEARS, give it up already!
---
"Nano peptide paste; still better than Roses cooking."
"Physics and biology are being mean to me!"
#9PaladinCecilPosted 2/2/2013 4:01:13 PM(edited)
Miku_369 posted...

I'll give it up when Squeenix makes a proper Aya Brea game and makes 3rd Birthday entirely noncanon. And ideally when Motomu Toriyama is fired or demoted for ruining several IPs, particularly this one by being such a hack that he forced his sexist wet dreams on Aya Brea and the PE series.
---
"Without me along, who will heal you when you're hurt?" - Rosa Farrell, Final Fantasy IV
#10SSj7CloudSPosted 2/2/2013 5:55:02 PM
PaladinCecil posted...
Miku_369 posted...

I'll give it up when Squeenix makes a proper Aya Brea game and makes 3rd Birthday entirely noncanon. And ideally when Motomu Toriyama is fired or demoted for ruining several IPs, particularly this one by being such a hack that he forced his sexist wet dreams on Aya Brea and the PE series.

So basically, you'll keep it going for the rest of your life.
---
Playing: Wild Arms 5, Muramasa the Demon Blade, Metroid Other M, Dragon Quest IX Sentinel of the Starry Skies.
PSN: jext77