First impressions....

#1VandorLeePosted 2/14/2013 11:33:36 AM
Graphics: Good
Gameplay: Pretty good
Story: Ass

Better than 2 but not as good as one.

Seriously, the story feels like a random mess and like theyre making it up from scene to scene. Ill watch a scene and not understand what i just saw....at all.

Its like some random dream. Stuff happened, and there were people and monsters and time travel and the girl could posses people, sort of, and guns and people said stuff but i dont understand anything.
---
"God did not create humans,
Humans created God"
#2SSj7CloudSPosted 2/14/2013 1:18:40 PM
That's the general consensus around here. Well, for anyone left that still comes here that is. It really is best to not think about the story and play it for the gameplay, they got that, the ost and graphics right at least. Story and characters...not so much, and most PE fans tend to be even more offended by this.
---
Playing: Wild Arms 5, Grandia II, Muramasa the Demon Blade, Metroid Other M, Ratchet and Clank.
PSN: jext77
#3ragnaroxasPosted 2/20/2013 8:45:36 AM
The game itself is pretty bad. It's playable, but still bad. Mainly due to frustration, silly mechanics and other things.
---
[0:13] oni: Who has the bigger sword, sephy or stephy{?}
d(^L_^d)
#4PaladinCecilPosted 3/6/2013 1:57:23 AM
The popularity of the new Tomb Raider and how it's changed Lara Croft has proven to me that I was wrong to complain about Motomu Toriyama and the story and treatment of Aya Brea in 3rd Birthday. He's not sexist, he was merely ahead of his time and knew exactly what people want and expect out of women in video games. I can't fault him for creating what people want.
---
"Without me along, who will heal you when you're hurt?" - Rosa Farrell, Final Fantasy IV
#5Miku_369Posted 3/10/2013 9:17:09 PM
Holy Jesus Monkey Christ did hell just freeze over!?

Or is this some kind of joke?
---
"Official supporter of ShizukoxIzaya since 3-8-2013"
http://tinyurl.com/ardvtxp http://tinyurl.com/agzjjrq http://tinyurl.com/bxqqylz
#6SengrothPosted 3/14/2013 2:02:24 PM
The Ending Scene is hell of a Bullsh... i never saw so far in any Game. Lucky for me i only rented it.
---
---
I am the Chaos Overlord.
#7ContradictatorPosted 3/18/2013 10:50:33 AM
Ahead of his time? He single handedly destroyed Aya Brea! Took her tough and smart image and made her clueless and weak minded. Then over sexualized her image. After that, he put her in a horrific story. Ahead of his time my butt.
---
".........."
#8SSj7CloudSPosted 3/18/2013 2:42:01 PM
Contradictator posted...
Ahead of his time? He single handedly destroyed Aya Brea! Took her tough and smart image and made her clueless and weak minded. Then over sexualized her image. After that, he put her in a horrific story. Ahead of his time my butt.

It's okay, you can take solace in the fact that it was really Maya the entire time so nothing really happened to Aya's character.

Also it's not like she wasn't sexualized in PE1 and 2 anyway, you say that like they didn't do that to her before and they have.
---
Playing: Shining Force EXA, The Last Story, Metal Gear Rising
#9kyushudanjiPosted 3/19/2013 12:21:24 AM
^^You mean Eve, right?

I agree with you about PE2. She goes from a leather jacket and a pair of jeans in LA to a jean jacket (?) and one-piece mini zip-up in the desert.

The game gives you clues regarding Aya from her language, her interactions with people and the portrayal of her confidence. This is noticeable in Japanese since the language is embedded with meanings. Unfortunately, the meanings are "lost in translation". Nonetheless, a good story can be written without upsetting the masses.

Copying and pasting this from another thread:

Translating language nuances are difficult to do. For example, there is a cut scene in Shadow Hearts: Covenant after the troops fought Kurando's mother (just watch until :36):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoYluiK4aqc&feature=related

One of the commenters explains why the joke was "lost in translation" ("aunt" and "grandmother" in Japanese, "obasan" and "obaasan", sound very similar). The Japanese VAs for T3B carry more details that are impossible to translate into English.
#10SSj7CloudSPosted 3/19/2013 6:18:06 AM(edited)
*facepalm* Dang it...botched on my part. Yeah I do, I had just finished playing PE1 and the name kept sticking with me, sorry about that...my bad.

Yeah, Eve is who I meant, sorry about that.

Edit: Yeah, you're right. Between the attire change and the shower scene, I really don't get why people say this, that T3B is the line where she's been sexualized. PE2 easily crossed that a long time ago an it's not like they made any attempt to not show her off in PE1 in cutscenes either.
---
Playing: Shining Force EXA, The Last Story, Metal Gear Rising