The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I'm not quite sure if I understand...*spoilers*...

#1AWM100Posted 3/30/2013 3:19:38 AM
the concept of Eve's 4th birthday. I do understand that this is another chance at life for Eve, but which ones do we count? You could say she only had as few as three or as many as eight. There is also the possibility of several more. Here are the "births" of Eve I count:

1. Mitochondria Eve, the Eve from Japan, mentioned in the first game.
2. Maya Brea, she was carrying cells similar to Eve.
3. Melissa Pearce, eventually taken over by Mitochondria Eve (the antagonist of PE1.)
4. Eve (non-ruse,) the "true" Eve you fight in the bonus dungeon of the first game.
5. Aya Brea, I'm counting her as well for she also carries cells like Maya did.
6. Eve Brea, the girl wearing the telekinetic helmet Aya finds in Parasite Eve 2.
7. Eve, the final boss of PE2.
8. Eve (clone seen in a cryo-chamber,) she likely would have been much like Eve Brea.
+. And any other Eves that were cloned from Aya.

Wow! Aya should have been like, "Happy Birthday. It's you umpteenth." Eve has more lives than a cat! All joking aside, I can see three of the four of her births: the clone of Aya from PE2; "Aya," from Time Zero, in The 3rd Birthday; and lastly, "Aya," from the new timeline of T3B.

What are your thoughts on the 4th birth or all of them, for that matter? Also, thanks to anyone who was willing to read through my jumbled mess of a topic post. : D
---
...it's deep-fried to a crispy..ooooh..crispy hunk of meat and then-and then, to top it off, it swims in the creamiest gravy you have ever seen. -Maxifent Corey
#2SoraandRoxasFanPosted 3/30/2013 8:10:52 AM
It's quite confusing (as the rest of the plot is) but what that concept refers to is that it's her fourth year inside Aya's body, since she was sort of reborn in Time Zero.

Although what happens in this game is proven to be non-canon, given that Aya is dead (we see her wandering as a ghost in the secret ending) and that Eve is actually dreaming after being kidnapped by the organization of PE2.

The concept of Eve being reborn could actually refer to her body having aged after ten years since Aya looks like a bit taller than Eve in the secret ending despite being in the same body, which is possible because Eve's cells don't prevent her from aging.
#3AWM100(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 5:18:06 AM
Very interesting. I never thought of it that way. Thanks.
---
...it's deep-fried to a crispy..ooooh..crispy hunk of meat and then-and then, to top it off, it swims in the creamiest gravy you have ever seen. -Maxifent Corey
#4Moeman_Posted 3/31/2013 11:15:34 PM
Even if T3B is a dream, I think that there needs to be some sort of validating your actions in the game. Something like, Eve was under intense mental pressure and would've died if the events of T3B hadn't taken place.
---
She lives. You just can't keep a good Moon Princess down.
#5SoraandRoxasFanPosted 4/1/2013 5:43:48 AM
51793Moeman posted...
Even if T3B is a dream, I think that there needs to be some sort of validating your actions in the game. Something like, Eve was under intense mental pressure and would've died if the events of T3B hadn't taken place.

Sorry, I forgot to explain it. I think what you say about Eve is what must be happening in the game, it would explain why Hyde said to Eve that she could die despite possesing the bodies of other people and why she mentions when you check the Overdive device in a specific episode that she fell asleep inside once. Even after training with Cray, she lost conciousness a few times.
#6Moeman_Posted 4/2/2013 11:11:54 AM
AWM100 posted...
1. Mitochondria Eve, the Eve from Japan, mentioned in the first game.
2. Maya Brea, she was carrying cells similar to Eve.
3. Melissa Pearce, eventually taken over by Mitochondria Eve (the antagonist of PE1.)
4. Eve (non-ruse,) the "true" Eve you fight in the bonus dungeon of the first game.
5. Aya Brea, I'm counting her as well for she also carries cells like Maya did.
6. Eve Brea, the girl wearing the telekinetic helmet Aya finds in Parasite Eve 2.
7. Eve, the final boss of PE2.
8. Eve (clone seen in a cryo-chamber,) she likely would have been much like Eve Brea.
+. And any other Eves that were cloned from Aya.

I was thinking about this the other day. I'm pretty sure, with the advent of Parasite Eve II and The 3rd Birthday, the bonus dungeon in PE1 isn't canon, so that rules out True Eve.

As for Aya, Maya, and Melissa--remember, Kiyomi Nagashima was an ordinary woman with advanced mitochondria. The same could be said for the Brea twins and Miss Pearce. Just because they had the potential to become Eve, does not necessarily mean they're Eves.

The final boss, Eve, of PEII, is just Eve Brea herself. She had been transformed by the dying Ultimate ANMC and its mitochondrial gloop.

The clone was never technically "born," so I don't think it would count either. Its cryo-chamber was its "womb."

Lastly, I think we can assume that Eve Brea was their first Eve, and if not, she was the first they actually labeled or considered to be "Eve."

So that would make Eve, the creature that took the form of Kiyomi Nagashima; Eve, the creature born from Melissa's body and Maya's kidney; and Eve Brea, the clone created by the Shadow Government.

That would actually mean the title of the game, The 3rd Birthday, is hinting at how you're playing the third Eve the entire time. This also means that Kyle telling Eve "Happy Birthday" at the end is referring to Eve's fourth "birth," this time within Aya's body.

These are just my ideas.
---
#7SSj7CloudSPosted 4/2/2013 1:00:02 PM
An they're much better ideas and far more thought out than what we got with this game.

Okay, I'm trolling a little, but this game is doing a good job in having us come up with detailed thought provoking ideas as to what all could be the case that happened with the ending, Time Zero and so forth.
---
Playing: Red Steel 2, Sin and Punishment Star Successor, Hyperbakersdozen Neptunia: mk2many, The Last Story
PSN: jext77
#8Moeman_Posted 4/2/2013 7:54:42 PM
That's probably part of the reason why I like T3B--it makes you think.
---
#9kyushudanjiPosted 4/2/2013 9:24:34 PM
And despite the differences in opinions some may have, the discussions are quite productive and tame compared to other boards. Plus, when you ask for help, people give it without condescension.
#10SSj7CloudSPosted 4/2/2013 9:59:16 PM
Don't I know it, I've been here since before the game's release talking and helping others when it finally reached stateside. The game gets a bad rep but I still like it and the talks I've had with others on here about it.
---
Playing: Red Steel 2, Sin and Punishment Star Successor, Hyperbakersdozen Neptunia: mk2many, The Last Story
PSN: jext77