I'm not quite sure if I understand...*spoilers*...

#31SSj7CloudSPosted 4/10/2013 2:29:08 PM
kyushudanji posted...
Yet it seems to be the premise in many (and I realize it is not just limited to) SE's games: a nearly omnipotent opponent (or one on the way to omnipotence) makes his or her presence known, and the protagonist, whether it is an individual or a motley group, triumphs in the end. The drama comes from the story telling, which often suffers when time travel is not integrated well into the plot.

T3B's plot is not as bad as another series with black coats, swords shaped like keys, friendship and a villain whose lives seem to be inspired by "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named".

I dunno, I thought Nier was pretty good myself :P

I swear if anyone thinks I don't know it's Kingdom Hearts I hate you forever.
---
Playing: Red Steel 2, Hyperbakersdozen Neptunia: mk2many. PSN: Jext77 feel free to add me.
http://bit.ly/NepgearRising
#32eixeeeePosted 4/10/2013 4:03:01 PM(edited)
I'm not sure if I can agree, T3B's plot is pretty bad. I'd probably compare it more to XIII-2 and the up-coming LR then I would KH.

I mean, Noel pretty much talks exactly like Aya does in this game.

T3B: Aya/Eve: OMG IT'S SNOWING IT MUST BE A GIFT FROM THEM!
XIII-2: Noel: OMG THIS COIN IS DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHERS, IT MUST BE A GIFT FROM ETRO!

The amount of Etro nonsense Noel spouts alone, even.

But that's just me.

*hides in the corner with flame shield*

Edit: Also, SSJ7CloudS, we need some sort of nickname for you. :P
---
Currently Playing: SSX DD // Looking forward to: FFX & X-2 HD, BD:FF
(27/10/11: Eix ~ MysteryVeil)
#33SSj7CloudSPosted 4/10/2013 9:52:45 PM
eixeeee posted...
I'm not sure if I can agree, T3B's plot is pretty bad. I'd probably compare it more to XIII-2 and the up-coming LR then I would KH.

I mean, Noel pretty much talks exactly like Aya does in this game.

T3B: Aya/Eve: OMG IT'S SNOWING IT MUST BE A GIFT FROM THEM!
XIII-2: Noel: OMG THIS COIN IS DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHERS, IT MUST BE A GIFT FROM ETRO!

The amount of Etro nonsense Noel spouts alone, even.

But that's just me.

*hides in the corner with flame shield*

Edit: Also, SSJ7CloudS, we need some sort of nickname for you. :P

LOL, why is that? XD
---
Playing: Red Steel 2, Hyperbakersdozen Neptunia: mk2many. PSN: Jext77 feel free to add me.
#34eixeeeePosted 4/10/2013 11:34:35 PM
SSj7CloudS posted...
LOL, why is that? XD

I always forget the where the 7 and the all the other letters go when I attempt to post your name without quoting it. :p
---
#35SSj7CloudSPosted 4/11/2013 12:35:34 AM
eixeeee posted...
SSj7CloudS posted...
LOL, why is that? XD

I always forget the where the 7 and the all the other letters go when I attempt to post your name without quoting it. :p

Could just do what everybody else ends up doing, either just calling me Cloud or SSj, I'm not usually on the same board with anyone else with similar parts of the name.
---
#36Moeman_Posted 4/14/2013 7:26:56 AM
Whose idea was it to have you kill the Rover before Gabby shows up as a feat?

That is s***ty game design.
---
"Be confident, think positive!"
#37eixeeeePosted 4/14/2013 2:08:20 PM
51793Moeman posted...
Whose idea was it to have you kill the Rover before Gabby shows up as a feat?

That is s***ty game design.

It's not that bad. I used to just line myself up in a particular spot before the cutscene so that when the Rover does show up, I can pretty much just snipe the weak spot straight away with minimal adjustment.
---
#38SSj7CloudSPosted 4/14/2013 5:35:51 PM
You'll find some feats just weren't meant to be done the first time you come across them. That's probably the most well known in that regard.
---
#39AWM100(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 5:43:57 PM
True, the twisted have immense power like a god would, but I meant the kind of situation where it was your creator and you destroyed it. I never cared for stories like that, they're pretty empty feeling.

This game stayed away from the, "If you just believe in yourself and swing your weapon with all your might, you'll take down the impossibly strong enemy."

The story leads you onto believe you are going to have many successful missions and will bring the threat down to zero and then-BOOM they're unstoppable and there is this specific reason they can't be effectively destroyed.

Also, It does make sense that Aya (Eve) could bring down these enemies (all the twisted she fights in the game) in spite of their power. Aya's soul made the twisted so her body should be fit enough to battle them and possibly succeed. Eve's body made The High Ones, same thing in this case, I would think. Aya's body meets Eve's mind and soul. Combine all of their abilities they were ever able to possess and all the resources available to them (ie: ammo, barricades, allies, time travel, overdiving, weapons, armor, etc.) In my opinion, this is some pretty good substantiation for anyone to ever beat the odds in such a way.
---
...it's deep-fried to a crispy..ooooh..crispy hunk of meat and then-and then, to top it off, it swims in the creamiest gravy you have ever seen. -Maxifent Corey
#40eixeeeePosted 4/14/2013 6:05:52 PM
SSj7CloudS posted...
You'll find some feats just weren't meant to be done the first time you come across them. That's probably the most well known in that regard.

Oh, it can still be done first time around, though. It's pretty much impossible to do so without a full Liberation gauge and decently levelled Energy Shot OE.

All I remember was Liberation and grenades it got me through with the feat first time.
---