I'm not quite sure if I understand...*spoilers*...

#41SSj7CloudSPosted 4/14/2013 7:46:00 PM
Yes you're right, it can be done on the first attempt but the odds of players doing that are very slim, so much so that unless you already know about it and prepare before hand it just isn't happening. It's why I always suggest just come back with later weapon loadouts if you want a much easier run of it.
---
Playing: Red Steel 2, Hyperbakersdozen Neptunia: mk2many. PSN: Jext77 feel free to add me.
http://bit.ly/NepgearRising
#42Moeman_Posted 4/15/2013 1:08:51 AM(edited)
While we're making this a general discussion topic, what do you guys think are the best Over Energies to have?

For example, my preferred DNA Board currently has this setup in my game.

OD Antibody LV12
LIB Regeneration LV10
OD Healing LV10
Odds Up LV9
Critical Shot LV9
Power Surge LV8
LIB Inferno LV7
LIB Energy Shot LV3

I think CF skills are pretty worthless, but I've been rethinking keeping the OD skills too. OD Healing doesn't seem very useful, for example, and I don't think I've ever seen OD Antibody activate.

I am pretty happy with the rest of my board, aside from knowing, now, that I need to level up LIB Energy Shot, and getting Odds Up would be useful in any event.

I just looked over all of the OE chips available, and picked out some of the ones that sound good.

- Impact Wave sounds interesting--has anyone here ever got it? It's the first time I heard of it.
- Energy Defense sounds like a must, and I'm pretty interested in this one.
- Barrier is another one that sounds good, but depending on the duration of the invincibility, it could ultimately be a useless skill.
- Pre-raise is another wildcard; it doesn't sound particularly useful since it only activates once per episode, but revival is nonetheless tempting.
- Kill Boost is another one that sounds like a must-have, since it makes OD Kills that much more effective.
- Haste is the last one I thought of. It... actually sounds really useless due to how it executes, but the concept intrigues me.

EDIT: I'm doing some research now, and according to this topic, Antibody is bugged, and LIB Regeneration only works when Aya is standing still. Meaning I should prooobably remove them from my Board posthaste. >_>

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951987-the-3rd-birthday/59668093

EDIT: I found a good Board here.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951987-the-3rd-birthday/62505738

And various DNA Boards here.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951987-the-3rd-birthday/58671300
---
"Be confident, think positive!"
#43SSj7CloudSPosted 4/15/2013 1:37:52 AM(edited)
It's nice reading some of my old works from those links. But yes, of this list.

"OD Antibody LV12
LIB Regeneration LV10
OD Healing LV10
Odds Up LV9
Critical Shot LV9
Power Surge LV8
LIB Inferno LV7
LIB Energy Shot LV3"

Get rid of Antibody, it's bugged and worthless. Dump Regeneration right away as it interferes with Energy Shot and is very useless otherwise. Healing is alright but unless you want to spam triangle to get it to work a few times it's not really worth using. Odds Up is fine for now but in a final board set up or chip farming you'd want it on another board exclusively to farm chips. You don't really have any reason to use Inferno either, you sacrifice a soldier's life to do damage, really not worth using.

Ones you do want and most of which you noted are

Energy Defense, it's a passive defense increase so always worth having even in Insane mode.

Kill Boost to increase Overdive Kill damage, again a no brainer.

Barrier will absorb a hit for you and make you temporarily invincible for a few seconds, doesn't activate often though when it does it can sometimes save you from otherwise fatal hits.

Pre-Raise, it's an auto-revive once per episode. It's value really comes into play on Deadly and Insane but it's always worth having anyway.

Energy Shot, which you already have, it's a passive Liberation damage boost so no reason not to keep it.

Power Surge, again another great one to have which you do.

Critical Shot is good if you use handguns a lot and a certain handgun series later (S459 and S449) is beyond fantastic for liberation gauge building, otherwise don't bother.

Restock, works like healing (as in just keep mashing triangle till it works) though it's for your ammo. Restores about 30% of your ammo when it works. You shouldn't need to worry about ammo much until later difficulties but if you can get it on the board, no reason not to have it earlier.

Haste is okay, I've used it but you just have to remember that when Haste is active, stuff like Energy Shot won't take affect as Haste has priority so just avoid being in Liberation Mode when Haste is on, if you can help it an it'll be alright.

I myself for my 9th slot actually went with Rapid Link just because during Crossfires it makes you and the soldiers invincible for a bit, that can be really handy on later modes if you're trying to keep them alive and maybe spare yourself a hit if you time it well. Otherwise just stick with something like Haste or if you don't like it, can go back to something like Healing if you prefer it.
---
Playing: Red Steel 2, Hyperbakersdozen Neptunia: mk2many. PSN: Jext77 feel free to add me.
#44eixeeeePosted 4/15/2013 2:23:42 AM(edited)
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/st3bdnaboard1.png/

I used this for Rank AAA, no deaths, no soldier deaths, all Feats cleared and some other stuff I can't remember. :)

- Pre-Raise can be swapped in for Boost Fire or Rapid Link, though I'd pick the former. Crossfire doesn't have much use in Insane bar keeping the soldiers invulnerable. I didn't bother with it.

- To maximise Restock efficiency, I personally avoid equipping other Orange OE's. I can't really vouch for Impact Wave, never played around with it enough.

Everything else is more or less self-explanatory or already covered. :)

Edit: I think I need to go to sleep...
---
Currently Playing: SSX DD // Looking forward to: FFX & X-2 HD, BD:FF
(27/10/11: Eix ~ MysteryVeil)
#45Moeman_Posted 4/15/2013 2:43:53 AM
I looked at your DNA Board, eixeeee, and since the titles don't appear to be on there, I'm gonna take a guess.

Starting at the top-left, going down.

Haste
Kill Boost
Rapid Link
Power Surge
Energy Shot
Pre-raise
Restock
Barrier
Boost Fire

Sounds like a good Board. I think I'll ultimately go with gadgaurd's in the second topic I linked in my previous post.

The discussion on DNA Boards isn't necessarily over, mind you, unless the regulars here say otherwise.
---
#46eixeeeePosted 4/15/2013 3:09:42 AM(edited)
51793Moeman posted...
I looked at your DNA Board, eixeeee, and since the titles don't appear to be on there, I'm gonna take a guess.

Starting at the top-left, going down.

Haste
Kill Boost
Rapid Link
Power Surge
Energy Shot
Critical Shot*
Restock
Energy Defense*
Boost Fire

Fixed. Like I said I don't use Pre-Raise. Barrier is a worthy addition though, but I never really thought about that one too much.

Just go with what you feel works for you, no one DNA board is the end-all be-all anyway.

Edit: I'm not a regular? :(
---
#47Moeman_Posted 4/15/2013 4:18:29 AM(edited)
Oh, I was talking to, like, the general populace with that last sentence. You know, in case a non-regular comes along and wants to get in on the discussion.

EDIT: Actually, I think I'm going to go with your board, eixeeee. I mean, I use Crossfire a lot, and just because there are a couple battles (The end of the game, for one) have Aya alone, that doesn't negate the rest of the game, where Rapid Link and Boost Fire would be extremely useful, especially for my play style.

Pre-raise might go on another Board.

How many DNA Boards do you get, anyway?
---
#48SSj7CloudSPosted 4/15/2013 4:46:47 AM
Eh, use whatever board you want really, everyone ends up agreeing on at least seven or eight of the nine abilities that are essential with the last one being interchangeable based on preference so use whichever suits your style.

You get 5 DNA boards in total.
---
Playing: Link to the Past, Wind Waker, Harvest Moon, Hyperbakersdozen Neptunia: mk2many. PSN: Jext77 feel free to add me.
#49kyushudanjiPosted 4/15/2013 5:13:22 AM
How many DNA Boards do you get, anyway?

You get a max of five: the starting board; one after Episode 3; and one for completing the game once, twice and three times.

As SSj7CloudS suggested, you should have a board ready for specific situations (e.g., High One, chip farming, blitz of Twisted). Each board should have the basic OE chips equipped, then any optional ones.

@eixeeee,
Impact Wave is useful if you dive into soldier surrounded by Twisted. I kept it on a board just to see what would happen. When it did activate, the room was already cleared.

@51793Moeman, Impact Wave might be useful for your style of play.
#50eixeeeePosted 4/15/2013 3:38:09 PM
Oh I'm aware of what Impact Wave does but aside from seeing johnan88 use it in his videos, I dunno if its really worth the slot. Better then Antibody at least I guess!

I also recommend Odds Up while you're building any DNA board up to Level 25. Having better quality chips to shuffle with does make a difference instead of using the common Level 1/2 chips.

Also, Level 20/21 is the magic level for getting single-slot OE chips from bosses, so it's worth having Odds Up until you get to Deadly/Insane, at which point you can just change it into something else you need. :)
---