I'm not quite sure if I understand...*spoilers*...

#61Moeman_Posted 4/21/2013 1:26:57 PM
Is there any real use to having 5 DNA boards? I mean, one for regular missions and one for bosses are all you really need.

Like, I'm probably going to do three.

REGULAR BOARD:
Haste
Kill Boost
Rapid Link
Power Surge
Energy Shot
Critical Shot
Restock
Energy Defense
Boost Fire

BOSS BOARD:
Haste
Kill Boost
Pre-raise
Power Surge
Energy Shot
Critical Shot
Restock
Energy Defense
Inferno

INSANE BOARD:
Haste
Kill Boost
Rapid Link
Power Surge
Energy Shot
Critical Shot
Healing
Energy Defense
Boost Fire

Should I also do an Insane boss board? Hmm, that'd actually be four with one left over. But yeah, other than these three core DNA boards, I can't think of why you'd want more. I want to fill them all out, but not only does it seem like it'd take forever, it doesn't seem worth it.
---
"Be confident, think positive!"
#62eixeeeePosted 4/21/2013 2:32:42 PM
I think I only had two.

One I showed you already, which is my general all-purpose Insane board.

The second one I built was mostly the same except it had Odds Up at Level 21 so I could farm single-slot chips from bosses if I wanted to.

The third one I was going to make but never did was just going to feature OE I'd never use, like Regeneration, Inferno, stuff like that.

There's definitely no need to use all five boards.
---
Currently Playing: SSX DD // Looking forward to: FFX & X-2 HD, BD:FF
(27/10/11: Eix ~ MysteryVeil)
#63Moeman_Posted 4/21/2013 6:15:20 PM
I think that's what I'll end up doing; an Odds Up board and an Insane boss board along with my other three. Just to have them all filled out.
---
#64kyushudanjiPosted 4/21/2013 8:54:07 PM
I would replace Healing with something else on your Insane board: Restock (ammunition has a higher priority on Insane); Barrier (it has a low activation percentage, but it is extremely useful); or Pre-Raise (you never know when an enemy will land a critical hit).

Since you are going to make an Odds Up board, you could model it after your regular board. You could replace one of the Crossfire OE chips (Rapid Link or Boost Fire) with an Odds Up OE chip.

The fun part will be retrying until you get the OE chip level you want. It reminds me too much of D&D.

I suppose that makes sense. Hmmm. So I guess a person can't just scream Toriyama's name whenever they find faults with The 3rd Birthday.

Toriyama and Nomura seem to work on the same projects. Still, I would yell at Toriyama, especially if you have some bones to pick with him about FF XIII and XIII-2.
#65Moeman_Posted 4/22/2013 8:11:41 AM
I heard Healing was essential for Insane, since you don't regenerate health and your current health transfers to your next OD target. If I replaced it with Restock, for example, that'd just be my all-purpose board repeated. Pre-raise might be looking into, but I might replace the crossfire OE with Healing and Pre-raise. How useful is CF in Insane, anyway? I heard it isn't, at least, not that much.

With my Odds Up board, I was literally just going to make it Odds Up at level 25 across several different nodes, maybe plus Energy Defense. If I were to grind 1x1 chips against a boss, I'd be doing so on Easy to make things less of a hassle.
---
#66eixeeeePosted 4/22/2013 3:23:33 PM
Crossfire OE's aren't that important for Insane in my opinion, not because they're not good, but because I barely ever used Crossfire.

Insane is more about being able to take enemies out as quickly and efficiently as possible. Crossfire is still handy for keeping soldiers invincible, but again, I very rarely used it. I'd use it on Worms and Mudflaps, enemies that take a bit of time to kill.

Healing, I never used, but it could be handy. It's better to just avoid taking any damage at all because of how ODing into soldiers works for Insane. Easier said then done, I know, but it can be done. Worms make this extremely difficult with their jumping lava balls. >_>

(The achievement ''No damage to gear'' is actually taking no damage throughout the whole episode, not letting the costume rip as it might imply. I think you might get one-two hits saving grace, but I don't think so.)

There's a thread I made ages ago about single-slot OE chip farming - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951987-the-3rd-birthday/60951423
---
Currently Playing: SSX DD // Looking forward to: FFX & X-2 HD, BD:FF
(27/10/11: Eix ~ MysteryVeil)
#67Moeman_Posted 4/23/2013 4:47:58 PM
That's actually the strategy I was referring to in my previous post. Odds Up just needs one more level before it's High One City for grinding.
---
#68Moeman_Posted 4/24/2013 11:33:39 PM
Is there a more reliable method for 1x1 OE chip farming beyond diving into High One!Gabby? Because she gave me two 1x1 chips and now she's just giving me Rare DNA, often two- or three-node chips.
---
#69kyushudanjiPosted 4/25/2013 11:44:03 PM
Obtaining the OEs you want appears to be random. You could Retry, or have a high-level Odds Up OE on your board to increase your chances. I do not know if there is a guaranteed method.
#70Moeman_Posted 4/26/2013 11:46:08 AM
Alright. Thanks.

Hoo boy, this should be fun...
---