A question about feats and case training.

#1Moeman_Posted 4/17/2013 7:05:43 AM(edited)
Hello, everyone! I'm right before Episode 5, the point of no return, so I decided I'm gonna go back in and redo other Episodes, via case training, to get feats I missed.

However, back in Episode 2, I noticed I missed two feats in Episode 1, so I went back and achieved them, but ascended before the Episode was over. They were recorded as being accomplished on the feat list of the results screen, but not on the section labeled "Special Bonus"--it still says I only have 4 out of 6 feats completed.

I was, at first, wondering if I had to redo the entire Episode to get the feats saved, but not too long after starting the mission with that idea in my head, I was also pondering if feats are an "all-or-nothing" sort of ordeal. Like, you simply can't just go in and do one feat, finish the Episode, and get it recorded on Special Bonus with your other feats. It would make sense, since they're called feats for a reason.

It was then that I checked the feats section under the mission's main menu, and they were all grayed out, which did lead me to believe I had to complete every feat to get Special Bonus to acknowledge that I did them.

I thought I'd ask here before redoing an entire Episode.

If you do case training to get feats you missed, thus getting every feat, do you have to complete feats you already did to get them all recorded on the results screen's Special Bonus section?

Thanks, and have a nice day! :)
---
"Be confident, think positive!"
#2Moeman_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 9:54:28 AM
Okay, well, I got my answer, actually.

Yes, feats, on the Special Bonus section, are an "all or nothing" sort of deal. Which is good, since case training can help you, eventually, achieve all feats in one go, thus getting the shiny 8/8 feats on the Special Bonus section.

However, feats are recorded on the actual results page forever, and that may be what's actually necessary for unlocking things. I'll have to investigate further, of course.
---
#3eixeeeePosted 4/17/2013 12:14:26 PM
My memory is kinda foggy but since I'm a bit unwell now, but yes, to have Feats highlighted as complete you must complete the Episode start to finish.

I can't remember if it changes when you get a better Rank - i.e getting 8/8 Feats with an A, but getting 6/8 on the next and getting an AA.

Also, in case you didn't know the Special Bonuses themselves influence Rank on a point based system. So getting through an episode by killing foes with a sniper and getting a Good rating will give you +X points, getting Great and Superb gives you more.

I don't know the full extent of this though, I only ever managed to get the information for Episode 0, where getting Special Bonuses is mandatory for getting AAA on Easy/Normal.
---
Currently Playing: SSX DD // Looking forward to: FFX & X-2 HD, BD:FF
(27/10/11: Eix ~ MysteryVeil)
#4Moeman_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 4:41:05 PM
eixeeee posted...
My memory is kinda foggy but since I'm a bit unwell now, but yes, to have Feats highlighted as complete you must complete the Episode start to finish.

So, does this mean that they aren't recorded as being "completed?" Like, say, you got 6 feats by playing normally, and got the other two by doing case training and ascending, but those two don't technically count. In this example, you would need Special Bonus to display 8/8 for it to be considered valid by the game, yes?

I hope you feel better soon, eixeeee. :) Thank you for your help.
---
#5kyushudanjiPosted 4/17/2013 11:40:40 PM
So, does this mean that they aren't recorded as being "completed?" Like, say, you got 6 feats by playing normally, and got the other two by doing case training and ascending, but those two don't technically count. In this example, you would need Special Bonus to display 8/8 for it to be considered valid by the game, yes?

If I understand your question correctly, you would lose all feats and bonuses you had gained for that specific Episode when you ascended. To have the feats and bonuses recorded as "completed", you cannot ascend at all.

For example,

1) You chose to do case training for Episode 4, Chapter 1. You met all of the requirements for the feats during that Chapter. When you reached the final area of that Chapter, you received a message indicating the end of case training. You should have the option to continue or return. In this case, the feats you accomplished will be recorded as "completed" if you return.

2) Same situation, but instead, you chose to ascend before you entered the final area. Whatever feats and bonuses you acquired will be lost.

To receive bonuses, you must complete the entire Episode, whether through case training or by your first playthrough.

I hope this answers your questions.

Take care, eixeeee. I hope it is not something serious.
#6Moeman_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 5:49:36 AM
Okay. I gotcha. I was confused, at first, but I realized, slowly, what you mean. Of course, this means I gotta pretty much redo Episode 1 on normal since I don't remember which feats I'm missing... heh. Time to get on that, I guess! Bright side? More OE chips.
---
#7Moeman_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 7:09:45 AM(edited)
I'm confused again.

So, I redid Episode 1, Chapter 1 in case training, obtaining all the feats of that chapter, and I got to the end where it told me "End of mission simulation," but Special Bonus still tells me I only achieved 6/8 feats.

As I said before, I had gotten the feats I missed earlier. They're all highlighted in white--or no longer grayed out, if you'd prefer to put it that way--when I press triangle at the results screen. Does that mean I accomplished them?

At this point, I don't care about the pretty little "8/8" on the Special Bonus section of the results screen. I just want to know if the feats have been actually been recorded or not.
---
#8SSj7CloudSPosted 4/18/2013 7:24:34 AM
51793Moeman posted...
I'm confused again.

So, I redid Episode 1, Chapter 1 in case training, obtaining all the feats of that chapter, and I got to the end where it told me "End of mission simulation," but Special Bonus still tells me I only achieved 6/8 feats.

As I said before, I had gotten the feats I missed earlier. They're all highlighted in white--or no longer grayed out, if you'd prefer to put it that way--when I press triangle at the results screen. Does that mean I accomplished them?

At this point, I don't care about the pretty little "8/8" on the Special Bonus section of the results screen. I just want to know if the feats have been actually been recorded or not.

Yes, they've all been recorded. Whenever you redo a chapter, you always start at 0/8, or 0/6 or however many feats the episode has even if your case training shows that you've picked them all up already. They'll always stay recorded so just pick up the feats you need in case training and ascend.
---
Playing: Link to the Past, Wind Waker, Harvest Moon (SNES), Hyperbakersdozen Neptunia: mk2many. PSN: Jext77 feel free to add me.
http://bit.ly/NepgearRising
#9Moeman_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 1:34:21 PM
Awesome!

Thank you sooo much, everyone. It's so nice to know I can just get feats one by one. F*** my initial rating, as long as I can get them all cleared, I'll be fine!
---