About the title "The 3rd Birthday." [SPOILERS FOR ENTIRE PE SERIES + NOVEL]

#31SoraandRoxasFanPosted 6/23/2013 2:23:53 PM
Could you elaborate on this? I'm not sure if I'm reading you correctly; it's been a bit of a long day, and I'm a bit tired.

Well, I said it didn't make sense because I thought for a second: '' Then why is Aya's soul talking to Eve after being killed by her? '', but I've now noticed it actually makes some sense: they said in the answer that Aya's mind disappears because she created a new timeline where her soul and Eve's body doesn't exist. What Eve was doing throughout the game wasn't creating new timelines/worlds, she just woke up in different parallel universes after changing the past.

Aya does the opposite by making a important change in the ''source'' of the events of those parallel worlds, which is Time Zero. I think that's the reason why Time Zero became a time loop, but that doesn't explain why Eve's body started deteriorating when Eve returned to it in spite of this deterioration having happened only after she abandoned her body in the original event.

When she was killed inside Eve's body, she was contradicting the events from those worlds because of not bringing to birth the Twisted and not leaving Eve's body without a soul.

I thought the High Ones were evolved from the Twisted, so much so that they were considered a separate species. That's why they said that the High One's mind becomes that of a Twisted.

Well, considering that Eve is a clone of Aya that may explain the information from the answer. Although when I read the answer, it reminded me of kyushudanji's theory about Eve's inability to remain young because he also said that this causes some kind of deterioration in her cells (before the final boss in PE2 one of the comments of Aya was that she had to stop Eve before her powers burned her body or something like that)

Taking into account that, Aya doesn't have this problem but when her mithocondria was implanted into the bodies of other people, those people became monsters, something which is kind of reflected in this game. However Eve's mithocondria didn't do the same when it got into the bodies of Hyde,Gabrielle, etc., but only when they awakened the mind of the Twisted mixed with that of the High Ones. As a result they ended up turning into monsters.

It gives me the feeling as if the developers were impling that mixing Aya's DNA with Eve's will cause the people who has Eve's mithocondria to lose control over their bodies. Lol, now that I realize it's aiming at the scene where Hyde threathens Eve with becoming part of his body when she refuses to take over Hyde's body to avoid death.

Oh, no, I figured you were female; I call everyone "dude." I won't call you that in the future if you don't like to be called that. :)

About what you quoted... I wonder if this means we're not going to get another Parasite Eve until 2016.

It doesn't really bother me. Anyone would be confused and think I'm a man due to my ambiguous nickname. XD

Regarding the next PE, we have to wait until an event Sony is going to hold about PS4 games focused on the Japanese market. If they don't show it there, then we will have to wait until TGS where SE is going to reveal an unnanounced game made with Luminous Engine.

I'm not 100% sure if it will be PE3 because they haven't said if they're still planning to develop the sequel of Type-0 and we don't know if Nomura hides another KH for handhelds. Although someone at SE wants to make another Dissidia and Nomura wants to develop the sequel to TWEWY, so maybe they're not developing at the moment games for handhelds. Add to that the fact they still don't want to take the risk of releasing more games for Vita...

(Sorry for the long wall of text >_<)
#32Moeman_(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 5:38:10 PM
It's cool; long walls of text are good when it comes to Parasite Eve. :)

SoraandRoxasFan
Well, I said it didn't make sense because I thought for a second: '' Then why is Aya's soul talking to Eve after being killed by her? '', but I've now noticed it actually makes some sense: they said in the answer that Aya's mind disappears because she created a new timeline where her soul and Eve's body doesn't exist. What Eve was doing throughout the game wasn't creating new timelines/worlds, she just woke up in different parallel universes after changing the past.

Aya does the opposite by making a important change in the ''source'' of the events of those parallel worlds, which is Time Zero. I think that's the reason why Time Zero became a time loop, but that doesn't explain why Eve's body started deteriorating when Eve returned to it in spite of this deterioration having happened only after she abandoned her body in the original event.

When she was killed inside Eve's body, she was contradicting the events from those worlds because of not bringing to birth the Twisted and not leaving Eve's body without a soul.

How does it make sense with what the developers said, though? Do you mean, like, that Aya made a "permanent mark" on the new timeline due to being the one who created it?

SoraandRoxasFan
egarding the next PE, we have to wait until an event Sony is going to hold about PS4 games focused on the Japanese market. If they don't show it there, then we will have to wait until TGS where SE is going to reveal an unnanounced game made with Luminous Engine.

I'm not 100% sure if it will be PE3 because they haven't said if they're still planning to develop the sequel of Type-0 and we don't know if Nomura hides another KH for handhelds. Although someone at SE wants to make another Dissidia and Nomura wants to develop the sequel to TWEWY, so maybe they're not developing at the moment games for handhelds. Add to that the fact they still don't want to take the risk of releasing more games for Vita...

I'd buy a PS4 for a new PE. Begrudgingly. But I'd do it, dammit.
---
"Be confident, think positive!"
#33SoraandRoxasFanPosted 6/26/2013 11:27:52 AM
How does it make sense with what the developers said, though? Do you mean, like, that Aya made a "permanent mark" on the new timeline due to being the one who created it?

More or less, since in the answer they said ''in exchange of breaking the laws of casuality her mind disappeared from all time-space''. It doesn't completely make sense because Aya's soul is talking to Eve before the wedding in the new timeline. Although the developers themselves are clearly hiding something because they said '' the voice heard on the end of a 2nd playthrough is still a mystery''

I'd buy a PS4 for a new PE. Begrudgingly. But I'd do it, dammit.

Me too. Let's hope it's actually in development (the fact that they started hiring people for the Luminous Engine in January and that they mentioned something about more games apart from FF and KH gives me some hope)
#34SoraandRoxasFanPosted 6/30/2013 3:23:24 PM
Oh, btw, sorry for not quoting what I mentioned before that is related to Merceron's comment about a new announcement:

Since they were hinting there at both KH3 and FF XV, this is a clear evidence they're doing another game for next-gen consoles, and given that we don't know what is the Type-0 team working on...

Source:http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1789254/square_enix_hiring_for_tomorrows_gaming_systems.html

Join our ongoing next-gen game engine development effort at Square Enix! Our Tokyo studio is actively seeking talented Animation Researchers interested in contributing to a multi-platform game engine aimed at delivering cutting-edge content to tomorrow’s gaming systems.Put your abilities to the test, push the boundaries of game development technology, and support our rich lineup of world-renowned franchises such as FINAL FANTASY, KINGDOM HEARTS, and more.