Oh God, I hope he is not referring to mobile games...

#1SoraandRoxasFanPosted 6/14/2013 5:30:06 AM
I found while reading comments in another forum yesterday that the worldwide technology director of SE Julien Merceron has claimed at E3 that there will be more announcements for the Luminous Engine at TGS. The interview is in French but someone from the forum translated briefly what he said since the minute 8:40:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10un4l_e3-itv-square-enix_videogames#.UbsHxZyE4pB

Given that there are two unnanounced A-RPG, one of them made with UE3 and the other one with Unity, and that SE has said that they're currently not making games for PSVita (and another console which I'm not sure if it's the Wii U) I think one of the games he is hinting at is PE3 but the fact that he comments in the interview the Luminous Engine is also used for mobiles games gives me a bad feeling.

Although it's not like last TGS where they showed mainly mobile games. KH3 and FF XV are going to be at TGS too.
#2kyushudanjiPosted 6/14/2013 7:21:17 AM
Mobile gaming seems to be more profitable than consoles and portables. Factor in how many gamers have mobile devices, it means that SE could satisfy the regular gamers and casual players. The potential for more exposure=increased possibility of having a sequel?
#3SoraandRoxasFan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 8:20:08 AM
kyushudanji posted...
Mobile gaming seems to be more profitable than consoles and portables. Factor in how many gamers have mobile devices, it means that SE could satisfy the regular gamers and casual players. The potential for more exposure=increased possibility of having a sequel?

Yeah, I know, but would you like if PE3 was developed with a lot less content? Making it for smartphones would limit the game's potential due to a smaller budget. Although I wouldn't care if it was another spin-off.

If we count how many tablet/smartphone games they're going to release, they have many:

- Deus Ex: The Fall
-FF Tactics S.
-KH X (chi)
-Bloodmasque.
- ( Type-0's sequel: we don't know what's going on with it, but SE has said they're not making PSVita games. Maybe it could have turned into a mobile game or just not started development)

In my opinion they should re-release The 3rd Birthday in other platforms in order to promote the sequel instead of making it (the sequel) for mobiles.
#4SoraandRoxasFan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 3:39:23 PM(edited)
While I was looking for the interview in the website who interviewed Julien Merceron, I've found the video with a description detailing the stuff he commented.

It's actually one announcement instead of various announcements. That rules out the possibilty of it being for smartphones:

Source: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/36321-e3-interview-de-julien-merceron-square-enix
Le sujet du moteur maison, le Luminous Studio, est évidemment abordé lui aussi... Julien Merceron nous donne d'ailleurs rendez-vous au prochain Tokyo Game Show pour une nouvelle annonce !

Btw, Tabata is co-directing FF XV. That could mean either the sequel to Type-0 has been discarded or moved to smartphones. I've read also that Bloodmasque is one of the unknown A-RPG and according to Kagari the other one made with Unity engine has been cancelled.
#5MyEvilTwin7Posted 6/21/2013 6:57:55 AM
I have no idea why you would think any unannounced game that SE alludes to would be a PE. Let's wait until there are more clues to what a game is before we jump to any conclusions.
---
Do not go here : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/233-star-trek?action=addfav
#6SoraandRoxasFan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 11:50:10 AM
MyEvilTwin7 posted...
I have no idea why you would think any unannounced game that SE alludes to would be a PE. Let's wait until there are more clues to what a game is before we jump to any conclusions.

You're right that we have to wait until there are more clues instead of jumping to conclusions, but I'm not actually hoping for it to be PE3 (knowing SE it could be anything) I was just basing it on some news about one of the members of the Dissidia team who has said recently that he wants to make another Dissidia but at the moment he can't (sorry for not commenting it here) Also, Nomura commented after E3 that he wants to make a sequel to The World Ends With You.

I'm not going to rule out the possibility of it being another handheld KH or a sequel to Type-0, but given that they still haven't bothered to port Type-0 to Vita and the economic issues of the company which caused some projects in development to be cancelled or delayed, it seems that they're not confident enough to release new games for Vita (not counting FF X & X-2 remaster) Although they renewed the trademark for FF Agito before E3.

Anyway, I've read that SE has some surprises regarding KH for the Japan Expo event. We will see soon if it's going to be new games or other stuff.