Phil Rogers: ''SE is in production with a number of next-gen projects''

#1SoraandRoxasFanPosted 8/5/2013 8:18:59 AM
It's a bit old news, but I thought it was important to put it here. This confirms that the game made with Luminous that is going to be announced at TGS is a next-gen one (and it's quite likely it'll be PE3, given that the new CEO currently is not letting Nomura make another KH for handhelds and that Hiroyuki Ito is working on ideas for a new project)

Source: http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/note-phil-rogers-ceo

Square Enix is in production with a number of next generation projects, including Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III, which were announced at this year’s E3, and Thief coming in 2014. I am also excited to reveal that we are well into development on a next-generation Tomb Raider sequel – something you may have heard about recently!
#2Moeman_Posted 8/5/2013 2:35:26 PM
Lara Croft is cool and all, but what we really want info on is Aya Brea. pleaaaase square enix pleaaaaaaase
---
"Be confident, think positive!"
#3SoraandRoxasFan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 10:56:45 AM
Moeman_ posted...
Lara Croft is cool and all, but what we really want info on is Aya Brea. pleaaaase square enix pleaaaaaaase

Lol

*Sigh* I wish it was already September to see if they really are developing PE3, the wait is killing me. Anyway, whatever game it is they'll surely announce it at Sony's conference (the one called ''Creating the world of PS4''), which is going to be on September 19th.

Btw, a website put a rumor last October about SE probably considering the idea of bringing back the Chrono series. If that rumor is true, Iet's hope they haven't delayed PE3 (although Xeedragon/Ultimacake didn't comment anything about it)
#4CremdogzPosted 8/7/2013 3:01:55 PM
Oh man, Parasite Eve 3/The 4th Birthday...here's hoping!!
And here's hoping they'll bring their NTSC only PS1 games to PAL regions, like the original Parasite Eve.
---
Cyberscore Gaming Profile: http://www.cyberscore.me.uk/user/4260/stats
If you've got high scores, we want them!: http://www.cyberscore.me.uk/
#5SoraandRoxasFan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 12:49:02 PM
Cremdogz posted...
Oh man, Parasite Eve 3/The 4th Birthday...here's hoping!!
And here's hoping they'll bring their NTSC only PS1 games to PAL regions, like the original Parasite Eve.

Well, regarding the title The 4th birthday there's a theory made by the user AW100 which consists in the title T3B actually referring to mithocondrial EVE's third birth this time inside Eve Brea, and her fourth one being after Eve's soul ends up inside Aya's body

I think it's very likely that's the real explanation due to some evidences in the game which hint at it, like Hyde offering his body to Eve ''in order to avoid destruction and experience a new birth'', and one in the Gamescon trailer where the narrator says ''On the ocassion of her third birth, I offer her this gift (the Overdive ability) to she''. Also in PE2 Eve runs away after being rescued by Aya in the nursery due to something, and No.9 calls her the ''queen''

Btw, now that you've commented about bringing to PAL regions their NTSC games, is it true that you can't play original PS1 games from other regions in your PS3? If that's true it's quite ridiculous.
#6Moeman_Posted 8/12/2013 3:21:32 PM
The "Four Births" theory is actually mine, SoraandRoxasFan. As far as I remember, AWM100's topic was about the (at least) eight births of Mitochondria Eve, and was wondering what the title was actually referring to.

You got the rest of it right. I only mentioned AWM100 in my topic, "About the title 'The 3rd Birthday.'" because they were the source of inspiration for my theory. :)
---
"Be confident, think positive!"
#7GunzleaderPosted 8/13/2013 7:52:36 PM
chrono? would be about dam time. but i swear to god if it ends up like FF and has to have three parts plus one like vs 13 that will never come out im quitting gaming that will be the last straw for me.
---
you are not "official" anything of any board grow up. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#8kyushudanjiPosted 8/13/2013 11:37:39 PM
Gunzleader posted...
chrono? would be about dam time. but i swear to god if it ends up like FF and has to have three parts plus one like vs 13 that will never come out im quitting gaming that will be the last straw for me.

It could be worse; it could be a game across multiple platforms, over a period of years, that require you to buy every single console to understand the story. But, a decade later, it is announced that the same games will be bundled as two HD collections.

It seems as if SE will focus more on its guaranteed profit-generating series for consoles (e.g., FF and KH), and will use other platforms (e.g., PSP, Vita, iOS) to test the marketability of other games/series. We will have to wait until TGS for more news.
#9DragonKnight387Posted 8/15/2013 6:03:48 PM
kyushudanji posted...
Gunzleader posted...

It seems as if SE will focus more on its guaranteed profit-generating series for consoles (e.g., FF and KH), and will use other platforms (e.g., PSP, Vita, iOS) to test the marketability of other games/series. We will have to wait until TGS for more news.

That would be a disaster if they use VITA. Sales for it are pretty bad and it doesn't look like it'll get any better, so testing out games sounds like a graveyard. Lesser known series might do better if they're multi-platform because they would have the most amount of exposure, but would take about as much time as making a VITA exclusive game.
---
3DS:1075-0914-2884
The Last Story: 2108-6326-5464.
#10mugenkb1Posted 8/16/2013 12:56:06 AM
We should all voice our concerns with the PE franchise to Mr. COE either through the comment section of the blog, or emailing him. I've done both....but seems like people are more vocal about DQ, FF type 0. So let's get our voices heard! Because they cannot just let the PE franchise die after T3B.