Is this game worth every penny ?

#1bigfatTunaPosted 8/27/2013 6:05:15 PM
I've been wanting to play this game for a while now, i don't have a PSP and i don't plan on buying one anytime soon. For some reason i thought they would release this game for the PS3 but that ain't going to happen.
I'm probably going to buy the game regardless and when i do buy it i'm going to just borrow my friends PSP.
just wan't to know if the gameplay has changed ??or is it the same as the classics P.E. & P.E. 2
#2Moeman_Posted 8/29/2013 2:47:17 AM
The 3rd Birthday is a third-person shooter, but believe me when I say no element of strategy was lost in the process. It has a pretty complex story that we fans have a number of theories regarding, so if you're in it for that, make sure to pay close attention to it all.

I'd say it's worth whatever you spend on it. Just remember: there is a reason Aya acts the way she does in the first three episodes. The latter three episodes, she acts just how you would expect her to.
---
"Be confident, think positive!"
#3bigfatTuna(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 8:01:14 AM
Moeman_ posted...
The 3rd Birthday is a third-person shooter, but believe me when I say no element of strategy was lost in the process. It has a pretty complex story that we fans have a number of theories regarding, so if you're in it for that, make sure to pay close attention to it all.

I'd say it's worth whatever you spend on it. Just remember: there is a reason Aya acts the way she does in the first three episodes. The latter three episodes, she acts just how you would expect her to.

"there is a reason Aya acts the way she does in the first three episodes. The latter three episodes, she acts just how you would expect her to."

What's that suppose to mean ?

Isn't there only three parts to the classic Parasite Eve series ?
Thanks for the heads up, I will make sure to pay attention to detail in that game. I plan on getting this and Crisis Core in December..
---
Vincent Thomas
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Thomas
#4Moeman_Posted 8/29/2013 10:47:49 AM
This game, instead of being divided into "Days" like PE1 and PE2, is divided into "Episodes." Episode 0 through Episode 6.
---
"Be confident, think positive!"
#5vV_Ryudo_VvPosted 8/29/2013 11:21:04 PM
It depends on how many pennies you plan on spending bigfatTuna. Make sure it's cheap when you buy it and prepare yourself. Why? Well, the story is terrible and the dialogue is laughable for starters. Definitely doesn't compare to the other games, but it's a shame because I think there was potential and good ideas there.

As for the gameplay, it's different yet again, but still fun. There are things that bug me about it though. For example, many abilities you get are based on % chance of activation, so you can't actually choose when you want to use most of them like the previous games (which sucks balls).

Ultimately, third-person shooter is a fairly accurate description of the game and the idea of jumping into the body of another person is an interesting mechanic to play with.
#6KATSUYA_SUOUPosted 9/27/2013 5:59:25 PM
From a gameplay point, is an entertaining game, delivers. But as a fan of the series, the story is really bad, did things uncalled for to the heroine, too much hype for a return after 10 years
#7CremdogzPosted 10/8/2013 1:29:18 PM
I say it's worth every penny, I really enjoyed it.

However, with the story. This game has a most incredible story, however, you won't figure that out till the game has ended. Whilst you're playing through the game the first time round, there's a small chance that you'll like it, and an even smaller chance that you'll understand it. It's one of those stories where you need to go through it multiple times to truly understand it.

But even then, some people are pretty dismayed by it's story even after they understand it. It'll vary from person to person. For me personally, I say that it's brilliant, but as you can see from this topic, there are people who disagree.

Gameplay is fantastic, very strategic. Stick with either Easy or Normal difficulty. I don't care how curious you are about the game's Hard mode, wait till you have finished the game to try it.
---
Cyberscore Gaming Profile: http://www.cyberscore.me.uk/user/4260/stats
If you've got high scores, we want them!: http://www.cyberscore.me.uk/