A reference to T3B in Sony's 4ThePlayers ad

#1SoraandRoxasFanPosted 11/23/2013 8:12:54 AM(edited)
I noticed recently while watching this ad that there are some references to this game and FF Type-0:

The reference to T3B I'm mentioning is the following one, one of the actors (a woman with long blond hair) makes an appearance wearing the same clothes as Aya wears in T3B, although her shoes are different (due to the bad quality of the ad, her jacket collar at first looks like part of her hair until you notice their differences in color)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZC_2I4CEAAIQqm.png:large

There are also references to FF VII, Crash Bandicoot, Parappa The Rapper, ICO, Silent Hill 3, Resident Evil and Uncharted (the first one consists of a man who has the same hairstyle as Cloud but his clothes having nothing to do with that character, that's why I concluded the blonde woman was representing Aya)

http://www.subeimagenes.com/img/captura-de-pantalla-2013-11-14-a-les-17-36-43-776913.png

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/crash.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZDCM84CQAAUwMw.png:large

Here's the ad if you want to see it for yourselves:
http://www.vandal.net/video/25434/playstation-4-anuncio-para-tv-de-lanzamiento#720

MAJOR SPOILERS It's kind of weird that Eve is represented as having long hair, perhaps it has something to do with time passing while she's asleep/ dreaming?
#2Mitochondri0nPosted 11/23/2013 10:58:24 AM
I am not convinced that it is a reference to The 3rd Birthday. The lady happens to be wearing a jacket that closely resemble the White Eider outfit. Still doesn't mean anything. Maybe a coincidence.

I think you are overanalysing it. It is clear you want another Parasite Eve game. You also seems to think that the Parasite Eve franchise is exclusive to Sony platform. Who knows, Square Enix might make the next game multi platform as they have been doing that for Final Fantasy and other franchises too.
#3SoraandRoxasFan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 4:20:50 PM
Mitochondri0n posted...
I am not convinced that it is a reference to The 3rd Birthday. The lady happens to be wearing a jacket that closely resemble the White Eider outfit. Still doesn't mean anything. Maybe a coincidence.

I think you are overanalysing it. It is clear you want another Parasite Eve game. You also seems to think that the Parasite Eve franchise is exclusive to Sony platform. Who knows, Square Enix might make the next game multi platform as they have been doing that for Final Fantasy and other franchises too.

Yes, it could be a coincidence given that what the woman is wearing is nothing extraordinary, (in fact I've thought much about whether it's her or not) but I was convinced that the blonde woman was representing her because the man you see walking next to the Cid's barber shop in the ad barely resembles Cloud at all apart from his hairstyle (I know, it doesn't make much sense)

(In my opinion I doubt they'd have represented her wearing one of her outfits from previous games or instead put something more obvious, given that it'd make people speculate like it's currently being done with the reference to Crash Bandicoot)

It's not that I'm in a hurry to see PE3 (about the game being exclusive or not, I couldn't care less about it), as long as they make the game I don't mind if they announce it sooner or later.
#4Mitochondri0nPosted 11/23/2013 6:06:29 PM
Maybe we will hear something next year or so.

Instead of making a topic, I figured I could ask a question here as seeing this board is dead and you appears to be a regular user to this board.

I have beaten the game on Insane (Genocide) difficulty. I noticed I cannot view my results in Case Training. I cannot see which feats I have earned on Insane difficulty. I can see my results on other difficulty. I have a European copy of the game. Why is this? I watched a Japanese player YouTube video of him playing Genocide difficulty, he could see his results on Genocide difficulty in Case Training. I can't. Is this normal or is there something wrong?
#5SSj7CloudSPosted 11/23/2013 11:10:03 PM
Mitochondri0n posted...

Instead of making a topic, I figured I could ask a question here as seeing this board is dead and you appears to be a regular user to this board.

I have beaten the game on Insane (Genocide) difficulty. I noticed I cannot view my results in Case Training. I cannot see which feats I have earned on Insane difficulty. I can see my results on other difficulty. I have a European copy of the game. Why is this? I watched a Japanese player YouTube video of him playing Genocide difficulty, he could see his results on Genocide difficulty in Case Training. I can't. Is this normal or is there something wrong?

Do you have cheats enabled? Clearing any mission with the cheats on will lock you out of being able to view results and feats. Mind you, any feats you've earned in that run are still recorded that you've gotten them, you just won't be able to see them.
---
Playing: Okami HD, KH 1.5 ReMix, Dust: An Elysian Tale, Project Diva F, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory.
http://bit.ly/NepgearRising
#6Mitochondri0nPosted 11/24/2013 4:37:43 AM
SSj7CloudS posted...
Do you have cheats enabled? Clearing any mission with the cheats on will lock you out of being able to view results and feats. Mind you, any feats you've earned in that run are still recorded that you've gotten them, you just won't be able to see them.

I did have a cheat enabled. So do I have to clear the entire game again on Insane difficulty without using cheats to get the results viewable in Case Training? Can I not just pick a chapter from Case Training and beat it without using cheats to get view results option? Or even beat the entire the game on Insane difficulty through Case Training?
#7SoraandRoxasFan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 9:22:45 AM
Mitochondri0n posted...
SSj7CloudS posted...

I did have a cheat enabled. So do I have to clear the entire game again on Insane difficulty without using cheats to get the results viewable in Case Training? Can I not just pick a chapter from Case Training and beat it without using cheats to get view results option? Or even beat the entire the game on Insane difficulty through Case Training?

I'm not sure about this, but I think that once you've deactivated the cheat it won't be necessary to start any mission again in order to see what feats you've unlocked.

That's what I think, all the teams at SE have been busy developing games, and now the LR team, which helped in the development of T3B has nothing to work on.

In fact, I've heard recently that Toriyama is currently looking to work on other SE games since he's done with the Lightning Saga, according to what I've read here (god, I hope he's not the only main writer) :

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/718920-kingdom-hearts-iii/67828387
#8SSj7CloudSPosted 11/24/2013 11:01:40 PM
Mitochondri0n posted...

If you replay through the whole episode from case training without cheats enabled, you should be able to view it then upon clearing it. You can't view them just by picking one part of an episode and clearing it with no cheats on.

That said, if you had cheats on for all six episodes anyway, then replaying through each one on case training or just running through the game on Insane a second time won't be any different either way, it will just preference at that point which you would rather do.
---
Playing: Okami HD, KH 1.5 ReMix, Dust: An Elysian Tale, Project Diva F, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory.
http://bit.ly/NepgearRising
#9SoraandRoxasFan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 11:38:48 AM
This is a bit unrelated but I'm putting this news here in order to avoid starting a new thread.

A SE rep told IGN after being asked about the leaked PS4 port of Tomb Raider that they don't have any details to share just yet but recommends to keep an eye on all the major gaming events that will take place in early December, hinting not only at VGX but also Jump Festa:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/11/20/next-gen-tomb-raider-reveal-likely-happening-at-vgx
A Square Enix rep told IGN, "Itís so hard to keep a secret these days! We appreciate all of the enthusiasm, however we donít have any details to share just yet. That said, we highly recommend you keep an eye on any major gaming events happening in early December."

Just to clarify, I highly doubt they'd announce PE3 at VGX and there's a bigger chance of seeing only Deus Ex 4 or the next-gen Tomb Raider, but given that an important employee of SE (Julien Merceron) said at E3 that they would show at TGS an unannounced game which uses the Luminous engine (which didn't happen in the end), there's a small possibility that they announce it with a short teaser trailer now that the LR team will surely be asked to work in it while the Type-0 team is helping with FF XV's graphics.
#10mugenkb1Posted 12/4/2013 12:40:51 AM
Sorry, but I think it's just a coincidence. Seems more likely as extras they put in than anything else.