They need to fully clarify..

#1TG_WolfPosted 6/16/2013 10:39:15 PM
..:Just how "MMO like" this will be.

I know it doesn't hold all players that are playing at once like a traditional MMO, just the ones who are in your world.

I'm imagining Borderlands with the MMO-esque evolving world.

Main point I'm interested in, will it run on updates or patches.

The difference being of course:

Updates- occasional and several Mb at a time

Patches- constant and Gb at a time.

Given that it at most only needs to host the players in your game I would imagine it will use updates, which is acceptable.

Guess we'll have to see, since the game is a total no-go if it uses patches.
---
Official Madara Uchiha of all ExistenceOfficial Mu of UNS3 Board
Official Saberwulf of the Killer Instinct Board [Furry and Proud of it ^_^]
#2stangkid95Posted 6/17/2013 9:18:33 PM
I'm not sure about patches or updates but it sounds like the MMO style stuff is like a drop out/drop in system but it's not like Dead Island's. It sounds more natural, like the game decides whether to add someone to your game if you're doing the same quest or something. I dunno. That's what it sounded like in the GI article.
---
GT: GrimmRecon005
#3NeoFinalFantasyPosted 7/12/2013 11:35:37 PM
I think the reason why its multiplayer isn't clear has something to do with why it's there in the first place. To put it simply, this isn't an MMO. This isn't the kind of game where a lot of players participate in an activity to make it a different experience to a single player game. You have to be always online only so a few players could join your otherwise single player campaign. Online multiplayer could've simply been an option rather than forcing it down your throat. Sadly, we seem to have a case of a tacked on excuse for an always online DRM.
---
Final Fantasy 15 FTW