Grand Theft Auto 4 Crashes!!

#1swguy9Posted 12/30/2009 9:53:22 AM
So I can't play more then 15 mintues in this game everything runs smooth graphics is not a issue I am running on Windows 7 ummm this computer is new..I don't know how to really find my system specs with windows 7 but with searching I'll try to get you the info but here's the problem

I play for about 15 - 20 mintues then the screen goes black then the computer Automatically Reboots itself Does anyone else have this problem? or have seen a solution for it? because I can only get 1 mission in and hope to god I make it to the safe house to save before it shuts off and reboots but here is some of my specs

Pentium Dual-Core CPU e6300 @ 2.80 GHz
Windows 7 64 Bit
Memory: 4096 MB RAM
Direct X Version: 11
Display
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Memory: 2797 MB

and Audio is fine.

But can anyone help me with this I want to enjoy this game. Thank you.
#2Dante200XPosted 12/30/2009 10:10:37 AM
I think I've heard of this somewhere. I glanced at a topic with somebody else saying the game suddenly crashes and their PC reboots. That's all I know about it, sorry. Maybe if you search some topics, you might find some answers though.
---
"because im not trying to look smart to win my argument, i have an actual case so i dont need to resort to tactics like that" - FreeIpod
#3swguy9(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2009 11:34:45 AM
I searched everywhere but All I found was solutions to graphical issues and I don't have graphical issues. BUMP
#4treetopPosted 12/30/2009 12:13:35 PM
update your video drivers if you haven't..
#5SanctusoriumPosted 12/30/2009 7:07:22 PM
This is an issue that you're going to have to take up with Rockstar or whomever does the support for it. Not much any of us here can do for you besides give you some guess hints and tips.

I would try

a: updating video card drivers
b: seeing if your system is getting enough juice to power it on full system load (how much watts your PSU will put through.)
c: reinstalling game
#6plambertonPosted 12/31/2009 10:33:42 AM
I had the same problem as the TC, the game would always crash just before a mission ending auto-saved kicked in, really nice. I have done everything, have the latest patch for the game, latest video card drivers, sound card drivers, defragged the game directory....blah...blah...blah. I gave up on the game until I applied the latest GFW patch. When I fired up the game I was able for the first time to complete not one, but several missions in a row, even had time just to roam freely around the city (still on the first two islands). After around 2 hours the game decided to resume it's crashing dance. The crash this time was different. I don't think I'm going out on a limb to suggest GTAIV still suffers from memory leaks. Another problem is the abundance of flickering textures in the game.

I pose this question to all........

What is the longest you have been able to play the game without problems.

I can play Supreme Commander/Forged Alliance even with a trainer/cheat program running in the background with zero crashes or freeze-ups, the same for Crysis nearly maxed-out in Windows7. So the problem with this game is not with my PCs hardware.

---
Intel Quad Core Q6600 2.4 Ghz, Asus P5N-E SLI mobo, 4 GB KINGSTON DDR2 RAM, 2 XFX 9800 GT 512 MB (SLI), WD 500 GB 7200 RPM SATA HD, PCPNC 750 W PSU.
#7SanctusoriumPosted 1/1/2010 1:46:31 PM
I've been able to leave it on for over six hours with out it crashing. It works flawlessly for me.
#8plambertonPosted 1/3/2010 12:47:38 PM
If it's not my hardware what is the problem with this game then?

---
Intel Quad Core Q6600 2.4 Ghz, Asus P5N-E SLI mobo, 4 GB KINGSTON DDR2 RAM, 2 XFX 9800 GT 512 MB (SLI), WD 500 GB 7200 RPM SATA HD, PCPNC 750 W PSU.
More topics from this board...
need help pleaseshaigan211977/5 12:07AM