So why is this?

#1Goodguy28Posted 4/21/2012 11:04:26 AM
I had a 9600 GT that ran this game just fine. THen I upgraded to a gts 450 and suddenly It crashes with "OUT OF VIDEO MEMORY!"

Bull. The 9600 only had 512 mb and it NEVER crashed. This new GTS 450 has A GIGABYTE of vram. Why is this suddenly not enough?!

processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 5000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2048 MB RAM

Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
Approx total memory 1024.0 MB!!!!!
---
-------------
"But he's from Boston, do you know how many black people live in Boston? 11, and they're all on the Celtics" -BridgedAbove
---
-------------
"But he's from Boston, do you know how many black people live in Boston? 11, and they're all on the Celtics" -BridgedAbove
#2Goodguy28(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2012 12:55:43 PM
I have a 32 bit operating system. and two sticks of 2gb Ram in my motherboard. I removed one stick and no more crashing. Still get annoying artifacts and textures popping up all over the screen (For example, the Motorcycle helmet does not appear on the head, but appears enlarged in the center of the screen) though. .
---
-------------
#3TheFish0Posted 4/27/2012 2:19:28 PM
Goodguy28 posted...
I have a 32 bit operating system. and two sticks of 2gb Ram in my motherboard. .

That's the source of the out of memory errors. Windows 32 bit can only access about 3GB RAM, and a bit of video memory (unsure of exact numbers, but it's around this). If you put more memory in your system, it cant access all of it, so usually it will ignore the extra memory. Seems its prioritising the memory addresses to RAM rather than video RAM, thus causing the game to run out of memory.

This can be solved by installing 64 bit Windows, and it will let you use all 4GB of RAM, and all the video memory. However, it will mean wiping your pc to install it, which might not be an easy task depending on your skill level with PCs.

As for the texture popping issue, make sure you defrag your hard drive properly. The defrag program built into windows is not good enough. I had massive texture popups when I first installed, but after defragging with a program called "Defraggler" (its free to download) it pretty much got rid of it.

I'm unsure about the artifacting issue. But it sounds like the GPU might be heating up too much. Make sure there's enough space around the GPU in the case for air to flow past it, and make sure the fan on it is spinning (assuming it has a fan).
---
Rig - AMD Phenom II x4 940, 8GB DDR2, GeForce GTX 260 896MB, 5.1 Surround Sound, Win 7 Pro 64-bit