Can no longer start single player/offline GTA IV game after patch 7 update.

#1Saint_FrancisPosted 5/6/2012 1:16:20 AM

Hello,

Anyone else having issues with not being able to start a single player/offline GTA IV game after the latest patch 7 update?

The game was running fine before patching but read about the possible performance improvements. Although the patch mentioned Rockstar Games Social Club was no longer necessary and removed it as part of the patch installation process, the game seems to still need that feature to be able to even start a single player/offline game.

I even repaired/re-installed the Social Club feature from the DVD but continue getting nothing happening after I click Play(Offline) or Play.

Thank you.

#2Saint_Francis(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2012 1:03:27 AM
For those of you having or who will have this issue, I found a solution.

Once GTA IV for PC is installed and patched to the latest version 7, you need to install or update the latest version of "Games for Windows - LIVE" and link GTA IV to your account by following screen instructions.

I logged onto Games for Windows Live Marketplace afterwards in case I want to play a multiplayer game in the future and to minimize the chances of having further issues now.
#3NeoJigglypuffPosted 5/16/2012 8:33:39 AM
Thanks. I'm just starting to install this now. Hopefully this could help me if I encounter the same issue.
---
The Jigglypuff has spoken.