Please check hard drive and try again.

#1DaedricDPosted 4/3/2013 11:29:57 AM
Hello, for three hours today I have been trying to get a problem with GTA IV resolved. I would be very grateful if somebody could help me, let me explain my problem. I started off today by playing GTA for about 2 hours, and I reached about the 50% mark in the game and since I started playing I had always used an offline Games for Windows Live account. I wanted to try out multiplayer, for the PC, and I had to create a new Windows Live account and activate it, so I did, under a different email address. Shockingly, doing this removed my old offline Games for Windows Live account, however I found out that my savegames were still intact. I searched up how to transfer the saved games, and I did. I went to my savegames folder and transferred my savegames from my old GFWL account to my new one. I was very pleased to see that when I clicked "Load" all of my saves were there. However, when I click ANY of the saves it comes up "Load failed. Check hard drive and try again." I have searched up many solutions to this issue and all of them involve getting rid of GFWL in some way, which I do not want to do, because I want to be able to play multiplayer. If somebody could help me resolve my issue without getting rid of GFWL I would be very grateful, if there is NO WAY whatsoever of resolving the issue without getting rid of GFWL, please let me know. Thank you for your time.