Please check hard drive and try again.

#1DaedricDPosted 4/3/2013 11:29:57 AM
Hello, for three hours today I have been trying to get a problem with GTA IV resolved. I would be very grateful if somebody could help me, let me explain my problem. I started off today by playing GTA for about 2 hours, and I reached about the 50% mark in the game and since I started playing I had always used an offline Games for Windows Live account. I wanted to try out multiplayer, for the PC, and I had to create a new Windows Live account and activate it, so I did, under a different email address. Shockingly, doing this removed my old offline Games for Windows Live account, however I found out that my savegames were still intact. I searched up how to transfer the saved games, and I did. I went to my savegames folder and transferred my savegames from my old GFWL account to my new one. I was very pleased to see that when I clicked "Load" all of my saves were there. However, when I click ANY of the saves it comes up "Load failed. Check hard drive and try again." I have searched up many solutions to this issue and all of them involve getting rid of GFWL in some way, which I do not want to do, because I want to be able to play multiplayer. If somebody could help me resolve my issue without getting rid of GFWL I would be very grateful, if there is NO WAY whatsoever of resolving the issue without getting rid of GFWL, please let me know. Thank you for your time.
More topics from this board...
need help pleaseshaigan211977/5 12:07AM