Magic Barriers?

#1zulutPosted 10/19/2009 6:57:35 AM

Pls, How do you get past 'magic barriers'?? :(

#2Bane_v2Posted 10/19/2009 7:01:33 AM
It's part of the story. Just keep playing and you'll find out in time.
#3SINISTER XIIIPosted 10/19/2009 7:19:48 AM
You have to 'touch' the red barrier (left-click) for it to register as part of a quest.
Only then will you be able to obtain dispel red barrier scrolls from a certain NPC.
Blue barriers will be utilised much later in the game.

---
"I bring the purity of OBLIVION to your world..."
APOCALYPSE
#4sambo342Posted 10/27/2009 11:49:13 AM

SINISTER XIII posted...
You have to 'touch' the red barrier (left-click) for it to register as part of a quest.
Only then will you be able to obtain dispel red barrier scrolls from a certain NPC.
Blue barriers will be utilised much later in the game.

---
"I bring the purity of OBLIVION to your world..."
APOCALYPSE

About a blue barriers,U saying later in the game,and do U need then a diferent spell or scroll to open blue ones,I have magicscroll destroy magic field?

#5Bigj089Posted 10/27/2009 12:15:46 PM
You need a rune to get past the blue ones but you get some scrolls to dispell the red ones. Both are from the main quest line so just keep going and you will get them both.
#6PDS1952Posted 11/4/2009 2:40:07 PM

I touch the magic barrier, the character recognizes it by saying

"...a magic barrier ..." or something of the sort, but I dont get a new

quest for this, nor does any NPC in the monastery react to me different

than before. Who is the "certain" NPC who hands out the "open magic barrier

scroll" or where else can I get that scroll? Thanks for the help.

#7olgert56Posted 11/4/2009 5:00:00 PM
There are two kinds: one that you open by using a "break magic barrier" scroll, and the other that you can't until later in the game. The game makes it clear that you have to break them using a "rune" that you're given. It's all necessary to the main quest.
#8Zhabin9811Posted 11/6/2009 6:08:49 PM
*In case anyone considers giving names here spoilers I'm keep it clean of any real details*

In the quest to check up on the Mage who is supposed to meet with the Druid to get his help on the eastern/northeastern side of the island you will come across a red magic barrier as you progress through this specific quest and you must inform the Mage of this barrier, show him where it is and then he will give you 3 scrolls (there are 3 red barriers in the game) to destroy the RED magic barriers.

The BLUE magic barriers, as stated, are part of the main quest and you will understand what to do to get past them later in the game. There are 5 of these blue barriers, so if you're not a mage you must create 5 scrolls from the Rune that you were given.
#9beastkilla12Posted 11/8/2009 10:09:37 AM
Can you tell me where the 3 magic bariers are ???
cuz i just found 1 at the druids quest but cant't find the other ones
#10ManKuetPosted 11/8/2009 10:21:10 AM
-there's one in the hidden library in the monastery (the one with the spell globes)

-there's one in the temple behind severin (the same temple also has a blue barrier as well)