Prospecting - where's Olf?

#1bendivePosted 11/16/2009 10:00:23 AM
I want to learn about prospecting, and I've heard that the trainer is a guy named Olf, who used to be hold as a prisoner inside Don's house in Harbour Town, a coherence with the three-golden-bowls-quest I've heard. When you've done the quest you shoud be able to speak to Hernandez or something, but the thing is that I've done the quest but when I approach him he threatens to attack me, and I have no open quest that has anything to do with the bowls, Olf or Scurdo (Don's man in HT). How do I get to learn prospecting, considering my current situation?
#2red_ice9Posted 11/16/2009 10:33:18 AM
You must have done the quests in a different order than the person you heard that from. Reason your getting different situations.

Once the 3 golden bowls quest has been completed, The Order (was it Hernandez?) guarding the Mansion should have an option to let Olf go. At least that's what happens for me. Maybe you need to talk to the Order(Carasco?) guarding the warehouse by the harbor more?

There's another way to get inside the Don's mansion without the consent of the Order, which means you'll be told to leave if they spot you. There's a window/balcony somewhere behind the building which you can climb over. You'll end up in one of the bedrooms at the 2nd floor. Use that access to talk to Olf.
---
Perfection is an illusion; Aberrations are discoveries.
#3ManKuetPosted 11/16/2009 10:53:55 AM
if memory serves:

-talk to toni and get the quest to get the don's amulet
-talk to the guard and tell him about the amulet.
-he should then let you in to look for it
#4bendive(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2009 11:27:49 AM
I think I've done every "Don-quest" in Harbour Town, at least I got a note "Don's got control over Harbour Town" and something about everything done...so yeah I've already done the amulet-quest (sneak through the back-window), but I don't remember seing Olf there. I searched the house quite thoroughly...where in the house is he, then`? I've read that after the three-golden-bowls quest Olf travels to earnest tempel or something...but I've never heard of that place and don't know where it is
#5ManKuetPosted 11/16/2009 11:54:32 AM
he's usually on the top floor of don's house sitting on a bench

if he's not there try:

-in front of the lighthouse
-in the room with scordo
-on the beach outside the secret entrance of town

unless i'm mistaken olf shouldn't be at the eastern temple until either it's chapter 2 or you sent him (and his brothers dirk and dytar) there when doing a quest in chapter 1

if you still can't find him, save your game then try the console command "goto Olf" and see where it takes you (it's case sensitive)
#6bendive(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2009 1:54:10 PM
ManKuet posted...
he's usually on the top floor of don's house sitting on a bench

if he's not there try:

-in front of the lighthouse
-in the room with scordo
-on the beach outside the secret entrance of town

unless i'm mistaken olf shouldn't be at the eastern temple until either it's chapter 2 or you sent him (and his brothers dirk and dytar) there when doing a quest in chapter 1

if you still can't find him, save your game then try the console command "goto Olf" and see where it takes you (it's case sensitive)

I'm already in chapter 2 and been there a long time..I'll try your locations and the console command if he's not there ;) Thanks
#7ManKuetPosted 11/16/2009 3:23:46 PM
if you're in chapter 2 he's should be at the eastern temple until you've got the disk from it

if you've already got the disk they all go to the swamp camp (they should be sitting around the fire where you originally found enrico the worker)
#8bendive(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2009 12:17:21 PM
But where is eastern temple?
#9ManKuetPosted 11/17/2009 12:40:19 PM
it's the temple that the don sends you to for the main ch2 quest (you should be able to see it from your quest map)

i'm fairly bad at directions but here goes:

-from leon go east towards the east coast
-do not go towards the tower that leon sent you to when you first talked to him for his skeleton lord's rings quest
-do not go to the cave with lord patroscon/gnomes/ghouls
-instead go down towards the swamp
-just before the swamp (there's some wolves and a chest here) turn right (east) and follow the path up to the temple

hope that makes sense
#10bendive(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2009 12:55:46 PM
Yeah now I got the quest "mystery of the eastern temple" which shows the location of the temple on the map. I just had to talk to Fincher, a guy in Don's temple. Finally! :P Thanks guys :)