Anti aliasing makes a big difference in the 360 version

#1_Nick75_Posted 8/8/2009 9:08:21 AM
I downloaded the demo on my PS3 first and played it through to the end, It's a really good game but I noticed there was a lot of jaggies on things like railing on the stairs, edges on walls, tiles, lockers, and even on Batman, his ears didn't look smooth but jagged.

I then downloaded the 360 version just to see if there was a difference and I was very surprised at how much smoother it looked. Even the text is smoother and if there is a hint of jaggies it smooths over almost instantly. It's a big difference from the PS3 version. It must be the anti aliasing in the 360 version. I'm not saying the 360 version is better, just that the jaggies in the PS3 version are very noticeable, weird as I've got other PS3 games like Uncharted and Killzone 2 that don't suffer from this problem. I've also noticed the 360 version seems to have more vibrant colours. I also think the 360 controller suits this game better.

I was going to get the PS3 version for the Joker levels, but I think I'll switch over to the 360 version now as I can't un see the jaggies when I go back to the PS3 version. Not trying to start a war or nothing, just giving my impressions of the two versions. I heard the PS3 version looked better but I think the 360 anti aliasing makes a very big difference in this games looks.
#2Fandango_LethoPosted 8/8/2009 9:11:16 AM
I'll have to give it a check. Like now, i got both demos on both of my consoles too.
#30300InfantryPosted 8/8/2009 9:18:17 AM
I noticed this also. The 360 is much more vibrantly colored and has less blur.
---
Clan: TG (Those Guys/Those Girls)
GamerTag: TG Rabisu - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - E. Burke
#4boondockmickPosted 8/8/2009 9:19:38 AM
It seems that the controls are more responsive on the 360 as well, but that might just be me. The only reason I switched my pre-order over to the PS3 was for the Joker challenges, so I could get even more replay value out of the game, but I'm seriously thinking about switching back to the 360. Yes, I've noticed the jaggies a little bit, as well as slight screen tearing on the PS3. I'll give the PS3 another try and see.
#5_Nick75_(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2009 9:36:18 AM
both run at 720p, ps3 no AA, no SSAO, 360 has selective 2xaa & subtle SSAO, like gears2. They are very close but the 360 version looks slightly better. Which is to be expected as this is a Unreal engine 3.5 game which are usually bad on PS3. But this is a very good conversion on PS3.
#6FPSM360Posted 8/8/2009 9:37:30 AM
My problem is my tv, AA might be better on the 360 ver but everything is still to sharp for me,

I have a decent tv, new series samsung 40" 1080p, running with HDMI cable, and the settings set to 1080p. Still to sharp, not sure if it is just in game jagged lines or my tv is set up wrong

I lower the sharpness (to 20) but everything still looks to sharp.
#7Mgo_SoupPosted 8/8/2009 11:14:28 AM
Batman: AA is probably ported to the PS3 anyway, in a effort to save money. :/
---
Men are made by their beards... The coolest people I know are Gandolf, Dumbledorf, and Billy Mays.
#80300InfantryPosted 8/8/2009 11:16:36 AM

Batman: AA is probably ported to the PS3 anyway, in a effort to save money. :/

The PS3 is much, much harder to code on. Every developer asked has always stated that the 360 is much easier to code for.
---
Clan: TG (Those Guys/Those Girls)
GamerTag: TG Rabisu - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - E. Burke
#9phatmaster2k5Posted 8/8/2009 2:44:17 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I pre-ordered AA for the 360, but was thinking of switching it for the PS3 to play the Joker maps as well. Now reading this, I think I'll just stay with the Xbox. The Joker DLC isn't something I was huge on anyway.

#10dark trunksPosted 8/8/2009 2:54:21 PM
It hardly makes a different at all.

The difference is MINIMAL. Unless you're really looking, sat a foot away from the screen, you probably won't notice anything.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997