Do you use subtitles?

#1bcorneliaPosted 9/8/2009 6:34:30 PM
I switched them on during my first playthrough, but have since turned them back off.

Though I usually prefer subtitles being on for convenience's sake in other games, they just seem to detract from the atmosphere in this one (the PA system in particular just doesn't seem as "authentic" when you can see the words instantly on the screen below you, as do the interview tapes).

I guess I can see now why they weren't on by default.

Anyways, your thoughts?
---
No one cares what you are currently playing.
#2nydv8erPosted 9/8/2009 6:36:15 PM

First play thru i didn't but i most definately did on my second as i realized this game has some awesome one liners and wanted to be clear on what they were

#3EyeSeeNo1Posted 9/8/2009 6:36:21 PM
I put the subtitles on for all my games.
---
http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/R1ddleMeTh1s.png
#4DakotaKH2Posted 9/8/2009 6:36:23 PM
I use them out of habit because some of the games I enjoyed playing a few years back utilized them, so I kind of got used to them.
#5Parallel_RavenPosted 9/8/2009 6:37:19 PM
I have them on constantly because of my household and my insomnia it's easier for me to play things at low volume and then read the speech rather than wake everyone up.

Also this isn't really a game where you need your ears too much anyway. Detective mode sees to that.
---
Yes i get your sig/quote reference, aren't you clever?
Gamertag: Cpn Beef
#6God_of_GorePosted 9/8/2009 6:42:33 PM
Bale isn't voicing Batman so its unneeded

I kid
---
Xbox Live=Thoraxe23
Games I am waiting for: Halo ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Brutal Legend, Assassins Creed
#7Parallel_RavenPosted 9/8/2009 6:50:15 PM
If Bale was voicing it you'd need subtitles jsut to translate wtf he was on about :P
---
Yes i get your sig/quote reference, aren't you clever?
Gamertag: Cpn Beef
#8HypernekidninjaPosted 9/8/2009 7:24:17 PM
Still Bale did an awesome job of not wearing hockey pads.
---
Time is the one thing I have en masse.
#9boondockmickPosted 9/8/2009 7:37:52 PM

Sometimes I do.

#10enjinnxPosted 9/8/2009 7:54:01 PM
Subtitles so I don't need to have sound on past other ppl's bedtimes =P
---
xbox GT: enjinn