Isn't there a save point anywhere?

#1ma7boub_87Posted 11/11/2010 3:24:20 AM
I'm aware that the game has an auto-save but... that's not very comforting at all.

If I need to exit the game and then come back, only to discover that I have to redo a part of the game (that I may or may not have found frustrating) it's just really vexing!

Is there a way to manually save the game or is it all up to the auto-save? How about copying one file to another slot? Is that at all possible to do? If so, how?
#2G_V_BlackPosted 11/11/2010 4:18:48 AM

There is no way to manually save, and you are stuck in the save slot that you are playing in. There are auto-saves at the beginning and end of every boss fight (and, mercifully, half-way through one of them) and they come up frequently throughout the Story Mode. There is an onscreen cue to let you know when the game is saving.

#3TantrumBullPosted 11/11/2010 4:50:29 AM
It saves every time you go to a new area.
---
My Xbox 360 Batman: AA Totally Insane score is 2,493,650 and I'm currently in spot 14. At last I really beat my score. ^_^
#4Edward-NigmaPosted 11/11/2010 5:08:27 AM
Doing anything in this game besides standing still will have the game autosave. And I'm not so sure about standing still. >_>
---
Yes, it is I, Edward Nigma, the Riddler! And more importantly, your intellectual superior! | Smidge
---
#5ma7boub_87(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2010 6:31:08 AM
Oh my this is unfortunate...

And it doesn't save anywhere or rather any time, I've tested it out.

Suppose I'll just trudge through it, even though I tend to play the game in slightly short bursts.
#6TantrumBullPosted 11/11/2010 7:00:02 AM
Something must be wrong on your system because the game is supposed to save every time you move to a new room and new area. it's like that with all 3 versions.
---
My Xbox 360 Batman: AA Totally Insane score is 2,493,650 and I'm currently in spot 14. At last I really beat my score. ^_^
#7ma7boub_87(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2010 7:24:56 AM
If I kill a clickety-clacker or find one of the Riddler's question marks, it does save yes.

But let's say I go through an area and beat bad guys or maybe decontaminate a deadly toxin. If I happen to quit the game or turn off the system right away, it takes me back. And yes, I do wait for that save icon to finish saving before I try anything.

That's what I meant.
#8Hotel_SecurityPosted 11/12/2010 12:19:11 PM
Yeah, if you want to save or if you did something in a room, just go back to the room you came in if you can. You'll see the swirly little icon as it saves your game. Obviously sometimes this isn't an option but that's rare.

---
"I'm counting on you, ultimate sword" - Jaster Rogue