frequency tuner

#1freakyfabePosted 11/15/2009 4:43:13 AM
Can someone please help me understand how to use the tuner. I'm using the key board, and all i know is that I have the keys A-D-Lft M-Rght M. I missed the instructions on how to use this thing, and I'm at the part with Quinn and the 2 guards that I have to save. HELP!!!!!
#2member1982Posted 11/16/2009 6:56:25 AM
try to get a stable frequency for both, when u tune it u'll see the wave going more into a line... tune it to that.
#3thoronnarPosted 11/16/2009 9:02:05 AM
Keys A+D control Batman's left thumb. Mouse left and right buttons control his right hand. Use these to align the frequency. The moving wave in the middle of the device should be shaking like crazy. Once you accomplish that, the device's screen will turn green and boom goes the switchbox.

Took me a couple of minutes to figure out too! I hope this helps you.

---
-.Thoronnar ~ Hammer of Justice.-
#4khatibi22Posted 11/18/2009 3:10:58 PM

I am also stuck in the scene with Harely Quinn and have to rescue the gaurds. I tried dozen of times to hack the box but it doesn't seem to work. Is there a trick? Shall I wait till the count down starts? I kind of can't get how the sequencer functions, the previous hacking worked smoothly but this seem to be different.

#5member1982Posted 11/18/2009 6:54:22 PM
frequency tuner is easy, just try to get a stable wave form from both vertical and horizontal... not entire a straightline but close to it.
#6khatibi22Posted 11/19/2009 8:05:19 AM

Thanks for the tips. I tried them and it helped. Howevermy problem was I missed the main post in this scene:

[spoiler] there is sequence of electricity cut-off in which youcan go and rescue the gaurds:P [/spoiler]

#7ensomneacPosted 11/19/2009 2:14:41 PM
I don't use a controller, but apparently the Cryptographic Sequencer is a lot more fun with a controller's analogue sticks, and the vibration gets stronger the closer you get.
#8thoronnarPosted 11/20/2009 9:24:32 AM
I bought the XBOX controller after reading some nice reviews of it's usage for this game and I have to say it's been a great decision. And yes, the vibration goes nuts when you approach and reach the correct sequence, thus making the process a tad easier.

---
-.Thoronnar ~ Hammer of Justice.-
#9ensomneacPosted 11/20/2009 2:19:23 PM
After years of resisting, I finally gave in and bought a black wireless 360 controller (I don't like white, and it's too hard to keep clean).

It had to happen sooner all later, with all the "Games for Windows" being released, and I got sick of using workarounds for my Rumblepad 2 (which didn't always work).

Although I really only use controllers when I have to, I can't wait to try it out on this game.

Games like Batman and Assassin's Creed etc, are designed and play better with one, although both play OK with a keyboard.