How Do Minions Level Up?

#1demoncubPosted 7/7/2009 9:02:05 AM
I'm not really sure how it works, other than upgrading the barracks - what's the highest they can reach? Best place to level? Do older minions automatically become more powerful, or simply if they spend more time on the field?

Yeah. I'm a tad perfectionist, so I'm thinking of trying to get my browns higher leveled in a new game. Those little guys are my favorites, I find the others pretty useless in big battles unless they're element themed.
---
Does this signature make my ass look big?
#2Gamer319Posted 7/7/2009 11:56:02 AM
The max level is 10, for every color, the tag line changes to Hell Raiser. You can level them up just by having them fight lots of battles. I'm pretty sure that beating the hell out of gnomes doesn't do much for you. I tried real hard to preserve my strongest through my main playthrough. If you have them battle enough to get up to level 10 and equip them with the highest level armor and weapons they are dam near undestructable. I had around 25 level 10 with 390-400 horde strengh and they just tore through empire city like they wernt even there.
---
PSN: Kholdstare87
#3demoncub(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2009 11:58:53 AM
That sounds positively lovely. :3 I am thinking of actually keeping a short list of the beginning Minion's names, so I can keep track of the strongest and my favorites. Otherwise, they tend to get lost in the hundreds of others. >.>

...Have I mentioned I'm a perfectionist? xD
---
#4Gamer319Posted 7/7/2009 12:49:15 PM
well for the most part when the alpha minions die there always at the front of the list in the graveyard anyways, and when you have to pay for the level 10's with weak ones its like 14-15 minions for one 10, but if you have even a small squad of 10's lets say 15 is worth 50 level 4 in my opinion.
---
#5demoncub(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2009 1:32:15 PM
Hrm, wait. Does that mean if I take my minions into battle, even if it's the same battle over and over (say, the slugs in wasteland or something) there is an unseen stat for their experience points?

I might do a test to satisfy my own curiousity. Try leaving out one minion near the everspawning gnomes in the Everlight facility for a night, and see if they've levelled in the morning or something.

I'm thinking of writing a minion guide, actually. Once I've got enough information.
---
#6Gamer319Posted 7/8/2009 4:48:06 PM
I'm not really sure, other than my first run through I never really paid attention, let me know if that one gnome thing works, you know can use the minion spell t pick them up and check the level. If your really going to write a guide please put in there about the minion totem piece you get from the ladies man trophy is not a minion horde upgrade, I am tired of answering that question.
---
#7demoncub(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2009 5:55:17 PM
Certainly. :D I'll give it a shot, anyway. Never written a guide before. I just thought 'how come there isn't one' and then 'why don't I write one?'

It's worth a try.
---
#8Gamer319Posted 7/8/2009 5:58:48 PM
If you do write one and need some help, hit me up on my psn and ill give you my email, good luck
---
#9demoncub(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2009 6:01:27 PM
Thanks, I will, you seem to know your way around. :P
---
#10darknite185Posted 7/12/2009 10:34:17 PM
My minions lvled by just picking up better gear in empire city had 35 browns only about 7 were lvl 10 the rest were between 1-9 after smashing a few crates and picking up gear there all lvl 9-10
---
illic est tantum lux lucis in nostrum pectus pectoris, Permissum is ostendo via ut posterus
Psn ID: Drakota185