overlord 3?

#1tjm0Posted 7/24/2009 3:29:37 AM

will there be one? post some ideas

#2maccs1Posted 7/24/2009 4:11:50 PM
Okay heres an idea the overlord from the first game getts out of the abyess and wants his thrown back.
#3GenericlvrPosted 7/24/2009 4:14:22 PM
Yes, and I would like to see the minion count go much higher. Like 100 or so. That would be so fun. And I would like to see options to send in an army of minions to take over towns, so instead of you and your faithful troop, you can send in a few hundred, based on how much life force you have, then waltz in with your smaller contigent to bring everything down.

I would also like to see the spell system reworked. I didn't really care for the method used in 2.

I would also like to see more of the ridiculous, corrupted heroes. That was my favorite part of the first one. I mean, those in 2 were still funny, but not quite the "fallen from grace" heroes they had in the first one. I would kinda like to see that explored on a little more.

Last idea, as an overlying plot, I think you should have a competitor. Another Overlord in another part of the world that is streching for power same as you. The begining of the game may be a series of challenges between the two, in which victory earns you some bonuses to your tower. At some point (not the final end) you must defeat the other Overlord and take over his dark domain before proceeding. Once you take over his domain, you get to recover any upgrades you lost at the beginning.
---
Vote Erik for US President in 2044. "I won't mess things up worse...promise"
#4Patriarch105Posted 7/25/2009 10:13:21 PM
I think there should be a new overlord that has a vauge connection to the previous to that is only hinted at.

The new overlord perhaps a girl at the beginning of the game takes control of a small amount of power from the overlad gaining the ability to control minions for themselves.

Gnarl would be the enemy advisor while Quavar would be yours and you also have the assistance of an enigmatic black robed woman who gives you "suggestions" on how you should progress.

You progress through the game at first taking over small rural areas but for the middle half your fighting the overlad over control of his fathers lands (all of which have been reworked to not look the same as they did in Overlord 1 because of the 30 year time gap inbetween Overlord 1-3)

Near the end of the game you embark on a mission that will open up hell itself so that you can use its powers and damed armies to overtake the overlad. In gaining entrance to hell you discover its actually the Abyss from Rising hell and that you've released the original overlord who now is free and full of currupted energy forcing you (and the overlad) to retreat.

Your given 2 choices on how to proceed

1)Kill the overlad steal his powers
2) Find a way to raise the spirit of a fallen Hero who will give you guidence on how to save the land from the overlord.

If you pick option 1 You kill the overlad his mother and his mistresses (Who have been acting as bosses up until this point at other locations) gain control of a tremendous amount of Evil engergy and then must attack the overlord to gain full control of the lands.

If you pick option 2 you discover that the "falled hero" is actually "The Wizard" who's body was stolen from the first game. and that the dark robed women is actually your mother Velvet making you the overlads cousin. You get him a new body and form a truce with the overlad to defeat the overlord. The wizard now inhabiting the reincarnated body of the overlord he once helped defeat before overlord 1.

The Wizard sacrifies himself to free the overlord from his corruption (For his daughters, his grandchildren, and his friend he wasen't able to save all those years ago)

The overlord family now happily joined together but a new evil rises on the far shores. Because overlords come and go but evil......evil always finds a way.

---
Please say why you added me if you do add me. PSN: Stryker105
More topics from this board...
80+ bucks...Burningskull0119/11 10:22AM