this game is a hell

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Ages: Rome
  3. this game is a hell
6 years ago#1

every building start burning , burning & burning until whole city disappears. Don't purchase this game.....

6 years ago#2
Your commentary would be more helpful if it were based on something other than playing the game for 3 minutes and refusing to learn how it works.
6 years ago#3
The man has a point, this game is way too hard. I want to buy a buildings, but I don't have enough plebs. I want more plebs, but I don't have enough bricks. I want to make another brick maker, but I don't have enough plebs.
6 years ago#4
Solution = Prefectures.
6 years ago#5
Don't listen to him. If you know how to play (or at least take the time to learn how to play), you will find that if you build your city in a good way, you can go an entire game without a single fire. For example, a building populated with equites instead of plebs is signifigantly less likely to burn. Also religon, entertainment, and a high food value of the workers makes things much more fire resistant. The worst thing you can do to a building is to not have people working in it, because if you do that for more than a minute it's sure to burn. Another thing is building more than what you need. With good planning, you can sustain a large city on a couple farms. Prefectures do help signifigantly, but at the beginning of a game before you have them researched or have the extra resources to entertain equites to work in it, they are very nonessential.
6 years ago#6
I went an entire game without 1 fire in the 1st mission of the campaign. I had 16 plebs and 47% food rating, just waiting to get to 50%. At the very last moment, my outpost catches fire and burns to the ground, game over. It was a worker state, 15/16 plebs employed. I had a temple of saturn, lots of aesthetics, the whole nine yards.
I know it sounds real good to protect your favorite game, feels good too, but please stop... I say that with kindness.
6 years ago#7
This game is very good. Original and hard to play it's not for everyone.
6 years ago#8
Apparently the TC has no skills in city planning. This thread is a fail.
6 years ago#9
In all of my games, if there were to be a fire. It would always start in a prefecture.
---
"Can a loyal servant take a second master?"
-Zhang Ren
6 years ago#10
i hate the rioters and criminal
if they destroyed everything what else left for them?
there should be an option to kill them with the army
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Ages: Rome
  3. this game is a hell

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived