Help with ACM module

#1tooguapoPosted 7/2/2010 6:33:40 PM
Sadly after 3 days of reading forums and countless 15 minute sessions on the editor, I'm still not having any luck.

At this point I'm beginning to think it's becuase of my steam version, or maybe this doesn't work with the 1.07 patch or if I have to download something seperately. As it is I'm running Arma II+AO vanilla. Can somebody please verify that this is not so so i will not give up trying.

Anyways this is what I have so far:

1. Create Rifleman as player
2. Place ACM module beside player
3. Open module and copy paste this to "Initialization"

waitUntil {!isNil {BIS_ACM getVariable "initDone"}};
waitUntil {BIS_ACM getVariable "initDone"};
[1, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc;
[BIS_ACM, 100, 500] call BIS_ACM_setSpawnDistanceFunc;
[0, 0.6, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setSkillFunc;
[["USMC","RU"], BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setFactionsFunc;
["ground_patrol", 1, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;
["air_patrol", 0, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;

4. Name module "BIS_ACM"
5. Hit F5 and synchronize to player
6. Preview the game for 5-10 minutes with time muliplier x4

What i get are defualt settings it seems. Even though air patrol is set to 0, choppers still show up, and when i change factions to USMC only to spawn 10-50 metres away they still spawn russians half a click away.

Been trying this with Arma II launcher, the AO launcher, and the Combined Operations launcher for three days to no avail...
---
10 Karmas is all I need to prove me right
#2LAPD 85Posted 7/2/2010 9:26:56 PM
I don't think anyone really knows how to use the ACM module. Seems too complex for what it does.
---
"To protect and to serve" - Los Angeles Police Department
#3tooguapo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2010 2:24:52 AM
guess not...
---
#4Dragon239Posted 7/3/2010 3:41:31 PM
TC, this is what I use:
http://www.materialordner.de/w59ThtgtEllTMlLmjrSYG33hwEWEJg.html
(Click Download von blah)
Unzip it, put the folder in "My documents -> Arma 2 -> Missions"
It has air vehicles, but edit the init.sqf in the ACM.Chernarus folder and put a 0 with the air control.
You start as a fire team leader with a few men + a corpsman under your control. There's also another team [without a corpsman] right by you, I was trying to set it up so me and my bro could play. There's also a sniper pair set to playable someways off in the hills. There's a group of enemies NE to get fighting started right away, and there are a pair of humvees nearby as vehicles [though they have soldiers in em...so, shoot them or some thing <_<]
To play it, open the editor, then click "load" and pick the ACM one. If you want it to be a SP or MP game or what have you, just save it and export it there.
If it doesn't work, sorry >_<. I'm not sure if giving you that simple small file will do it...
---
Phenom II x4 955 3.2GHZ, 4GB DDR3@1600mhz, HD4890 1GB, W7 Ult x64, 22inch LCD Asus monitor.
You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind. - SC Ghost.
#5tooguapo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2010 2:18:12 AM
Thank you so very much! I understood the language so I knew what each item did, but the problem was the proper way of spacing them together was with the spacebar and I was tidying it up by hitting "Enter". Apparently it makes a world of difference.

Thx again, now i can enjoy fully randomized, configurable firefights.
---