Dayz mod worth me buying ARMA?

#1neo_one3566Posted 7/21/2012 3:41:44 PM
Love the zombie genre but is this mod really worth me buying arama2?

Also when you die is that it you lose everything?
Is your data tracked for later reference?

Thanks
#2giocarePosted 7/21/2012 4:50:23 PM
Yeah it's worth it especially since Combined Operations is only $17.99 on Steam right now.
And yes when you die you lose everything and start over from scratch, but once you learn the game this isn't such a big deal.
Your data is stored on the DayZ hive server, so your character position and gear are always saved when you log out.
#3thetravelerPosted 7/21/2012 9:24:51 PM
neo_one3566 posted...
Love the zombie genre but is this mod really worth me buying arama2?

Also when you die is that it you lose everything?
Is your data tracked for later reference?

Thanks

just do yourself a favor and log out in the forest somewhere. that way you wont log in to find yourself already shot because your body was there but your screen wasn't. and log out prone. I dont know if you stay that way when you log back in but i usually log out in the crouched position in a tree trunk.
#4svr2006gawdPosted 7/25/2012 4:31:47 PM
Yes it is, it's one of the few reasons anyone is buying Arma 2 CO. And as thetraveler said, find a safe spot to log out. Me and a friend was raiding Cherno and went into the church, as we were about to leave a very well equipped player logged in and we shot him down before he could even move. We ended up getting the 24 slot Coyote backpack off of him and some other miscellaneous equipment.
---
i5 2500k SB 3.3 | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint | AsRock z68 Extreme3 Gen3 | Antec 550w | ASUS 23.6" 1920x1080p
#5D_BoxPosted 7/28/2012 12:42:47 PM
Yes, I bought it only for this mod and I have little money and I'm very happy with the purchase even though I don't care for original Arma at all.

And the fact that you lose EVERYTHING is what makes this game so atmospheric and rewarding. You really fight for your life. It's unlike any game out there.
---
GameFAQS: The place where people think "ass" is spelled "***".