Lagging aiming crosshair

#1runbleduckPosted 6/7/2009 1:04:58 PM
What's with all the wii light gun shooters with lagging aiming crosshairs? And it seems the cross hair is where the game register the shot location, which is lame due to the delayed response since light gun games rely heavily on aiming speed and accuracy. You would think having the crosshair/cursor in light gun games be as responsive as in the Wii menu and Trauma Center games, but unfortunately most developers don't keep that in mind when developing wii light gun shooters. What's with that?
#2vespa5Posted 6/8/2009 1:25:02 PM

runbleduck posted...
What's with all the wii light gun shooters with lagging aiming crosshairs? And it seems the cross hair is where the game register the shot location, which is lame due to the delayed response since light gun games rely heavily on aiming speed and accuracy. You would think having the crosshair/cursor in light gun games be as responsive as in the Wii menu and Trauma Center games, but unfortunately most developers don't keep that in mind when developing wii light gun shooters. What's with that?

Well, it's good to know I'm not the only one frustrated with this particular railshooter. Even with my Wii's sensitivity set to 5 (MAX), the aiming reticule still lags. This game also has a very poor aiming calibration option. It's near impossible to get the aiming reticule to aim dead on. Your remote is basically pointing in the general direction on your TV screen. It doesn't matter how well placed your sensor bar is.

Unfortunately, this problem exists with almost all the shooters i've tried via Wii, and not just my system: my girlfriend's, my cousins', etc. etc. it's not exactly dead on aim like the Nintendo zapper for Duck Hunt (sad).