What happened to IGA and the Alucard game?

#1Comdr_XPosted 6/3/2009 4:25:18 PM
?
---
"My Metal Gear REX is nothing more than a formally nuclear-equipped, walking death mobile."
#2goemon1977Posted 6/3/2009 4:33:02 PM
hmmmm..good question tbh i think they may have pulled him off of the console versions. when it comes to the 2d DS titles he is a master, but his 3d Castlevanias have been extremely bad. this is probably for the best.
---
" I'm not locked in here with you....you're locked in here with me!!"
#3RagnarJarlssonPosted 6/3/2009 4:33:55 PM
As far as we know nothing happened to it.

They seemed to remove its message board though.
---
What a horrible night to have a curse.
#4RagnarJarlssonPosted 6/3/2009 5:18:33 PM
I bet this trailer is also the reason IGA didn't expect to announce his new Castlevania starring Alucard at the TGS even though he had a finished trailer. They were most likely still piecing all the details of making Lords of Shadow a Castlevania game.

It makes me wonder what IGA thinks about this. Did he allow it? Or was he against it, but Konami made it happen?
---
What a horrible night to have a curse.
#5belgurdoPosted 6/3/2009 6:59:19 PM
Hopefully dead and buried. Best to leave Iga on portables where he can rehash his heart out, rather than try to make a third stab at creating a Devil May Cry killer and failing miserably...
---
"Not fond of Denny's. Years ago one of my hash browns crawled up my arm."-The Great Magus
#6goemon1977Posted 6/3/2009 7:30:53 PM
yeah, after watching this trailer it looks like the series is getting a nice real installment this time for the consoles. Like I said earlier, the portables are awesome, but the consoles versions have been horrible. Iga is a master of the old school style, and i'm sure he will be making all of the portable ones. Patrick Stewart doing the voice over is proof enough that they are being serious this time. This game looks beautiful.
---
" I'm not locked in here with you....you're locked in here with me!!"
#7druswidPosted 6/4/2009 2:45:58 PM
Iga IS Castlevania, and has been for quite some time. Even if the 3D ones haven't been particularly good. This is just a game by a different developer that had the Castlevania name slapped on with no involvement by Iga. How does that work? It doesn't.
---
When man invented fire, he didnít say, 'hey, letís cook', he said, 'great, now we can see naked bottoms in the dark.' - Steve, from 'Coupling'
#8Rip_Van_WinkleXPosted 6/4/2009 3:04:29 PM
Legacy of Darkness will still be my favorite Castlevaina...
#9Cloud19Posted 6/4/2009 4:20:15 PM
Hopefully dead and buried. Best to leave Iga on portables where he can rehash his heart out, rather than try to make a third stab at creating a Devil May Cry killer and failing miserably...

There's been some stellar CVs on portables though. The latest, Order of Ecclesia, actually was a change of pace from the previous CVs on handhelds, which till then had all emulated the Metroidvania style of Symphony of the Night (with varying degrees of success).
---
The human understanding when it has once adopted an opinion...draws all things else to support and agree with it.--Sir Francis Bacon
#10onemorerobotPosted 6/4/2009 6:31:02 PM
It's not as if Iga created Castlevania. And while I liked some of the portable games, Symphony of the Night was his best. So that's one great game. Let someone else take a whack at it.