Why??!!

#1triplejPosted 6/4/2009 12:52:03 PM
Why does every single game like this have to be compared to God Of War? I mean seriously,

Sonic Unleashed Werehog levels according to people here are poor mans god of war
Castlevania Lords of Shadow is already being compared to god of war
Golden Axe Beast Rider is criticized for not being like god of war
Conan got criticized for not being more like god of war

Those are just some of the games that get compared...I am kinda sick of hearing it. Brace yourselves guys im gonna say something that might come as a shock to most people...

GOD OF WAR is NOT the be all end all of this genre...

Hell if this game has QTE`s im pretty sure this board will be filled with...OMG QTE`s were in God of War first...this game is teh suxorz for copying it.

Seriously why can we not just say hey this game looks good, or hey great premise, why cant we go back to the way we were last gen or hell even the gen before that where all anyone cared about was a decent game?
---
I`m Sorry I was under the Impression that this was called Kids say the Darndest things. Not old black comedians never shut the hell up. Stewie.
#2GamerTaiPosted 6/4/2009 1:13:19 PM
You're right, THIS GAME IS A COPY OF SHENMUE!!!
---
Most popular user on the AC, DR2, and RE:DC boards. Visit the Xracer boards.
Topics with my name in the title: 219 Check quote for information on SSDC.
#3JuanCarlos1Posted 6/4/2009 1:28:51 PM
hmmm is the most famous action game? Graned I prefer DMC.

Kinda like how everybody compared EVERY FPS to Halo.

---
Mas dicen, que en las dimensiones de nuestro ser... hay muchos detalles por conocer...
lol myspace: http://www.myspace.com/59528093
#4HeartBreakKid25Posted 6/4/2009 1:32:31 PM
Yeah, you're right.
I mean God of War's just a Devil May Cry clone.

OH YEAH I WENT THERE
---
SOLOMON, I HAVE RETURNED!
#5Rip_Van_WinkleXPosted 6/4/2009 2:06:24 PM
HeartBreakKid25, that is almost like saying the song from Gears of War is not from Donnie Darko...
#6HeartBreakKid25Posted 6/4/2009 2:10:37 PM

HeartBreakKid25, that is almost like saying the song from Gears of War is not from Donnie Darko...

I don't quite follow you if I'm honest.
---
SOLOMON, I HAVE RETURNED!
#7Rip_Van_WinkleXPosted 6/4/2009 2:13:28 PM
Everytime I hear the song from Donnie Darko someone says, "Oh Gears of War!" And when I tell them it was original apart of the Movie, they shun me like I was dressing as a Stromtropper in a Star Trek convention full of Nerdy Jerks.

In a way, its the same as telling people that DMC came first.
#8triplej(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2009 8:18:31 AM
Its just incredibly frustrating...God of war was not the first Action/adventure/Hack and slash game that added QTE`s to come out...yet everyone seems to say that any game falling into that genre is a ripoff of God of War...its complete BS, and I blame this gamers...this didnt happen nearly as often back when we had Mario vs Sonic in the console wars, and honestly the only thing that sonic could do that mario couldnt was run incredibly fast...and both games were heavy platformers.

But yea...thats my rant for now...
---
I`m Sorry I was under the Impression that this was called Kids say the Darndest things. Not old black comedians never shut the hell up. Stewie.
#9killerdestroyerPosted 6/5/2009 8:21:44 AM
Everytime I hear the song from Donnie Darko someone says, "Oh Gears of War!" And when I tell them it was original apart of the Movie, they shun me like I was dressing as a Stromtropper in a Star Trek convention full of Nerdy Jerks.

In a way, its the same as telling people that DMC came first.

show them the scene and tell them the date the movie came out

if they still shun you, they're complete idiots (oh wait..)
---
My balls have always been useful. I track them down with my mighty balls so you can blow a load in their face-wraithcraid
see quote
#10DevilBobPosted 6/5/2009 9:05:53 AM
just because you dont like the comparison of LoS to GoW does not mean they are not similar. god of war is the most well known game of its kind so when people see similarities they point it out. it is a compliment not anything to throw a fit over.
---
Hurray for murder!