Why??!!

#11EvinalPosted 6/5/2009 11:06:53 AM
The thing that annoys me, and is just craptastic is that everyone IS either saying this is a god of war clone, or that it is a rip-off of god of war.

And the truth is, not to shatter their little egos, that Castlevania did it first. If anything people should be saying god of war copied Lament of innocence, which came out in 2003.

---
-- We are gathered here today, to discuss the matters of the kakadookie ~Charlie Murphy --
#12triplej(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2009 12:40:53 PM
Its true...Castlevania was in 3d before God of War came out...
---
I`m Sorry I was under the Impression that this was called Kids say the Darndest things. Not old black comedians never shut the hell up. Stewie.
#13druswidPosted 6/5/2009 2:31:19 PM
But DMC was 3D before Castlevania ever dreamed of beating its little 3D wings. And let's face it: Both God of War I and II are better games than LoI. I like LoI, but it's not a great game. It felt like it wanted to be DMC, but couldn't match the greatness of the first one.
---
When man invented fire, he didnít say, 'hey, letís cook', he said, 'great, now we can see naked bottoms in the dark.' - Steve, from 'Coupling'
#14triplej(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2009 2:53:25 PM
Please enlighten me about how LOI wanted to be DMC??? The only similarity was the fact that the enemies were "supernatural"... It wasnt based on Stylized combat, and there were no guns, and the story is completely different as well.
---
I`m Sorry I was under the Impression that this was called Kids say the Darndest things. Not old black comedians never shut the hell up. Stewie.
#15semianonymousPosted 6/5/2009 3:08:13 PM

druswid posted...
But DMC was 3D before Castlevania ever dreamed of beating its little 3D wings. And let's face it: Both God of War I and II are better games than LoI. I like LoI, but it's not a great game. It felt like it wanted to be DMC, but couldn't match the greatness of the first one.

And then the N64 rears its ugly head

#16triplej(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2009 3:18:00 PM
HAHAHA I totally forgot about the Nintendo 64 version of Castlevania...
---