So, has it been confirmed that...........?(spoilers)

#11provettPosted 6/16/2009 7:50:20 AM
World of Darkness.

Vampire the Masquerade is part of it and so is Hunters the Reckoning.
---
Best Buy sucks so bad, I have to Sig it!
The customer service were stupid & they lied. Don't Buy from Best Buy
#12druswidPosted 6/16/2009 11:06:31 AM
Okay, World of Darkness. I know that. So... how did they reboot the franchise? I know they've got... what, three or four Hunter games, and the two Vampire games.
---
When man invented fire, he didnít say, 'hey, letís cook', he said, 'great, now we can see naked bottoms in the dark.' - Steve, from 'Coupling'
#13provettPosted 6/16/2009 11:40:44 AM
Pretty much just took everything out and replaced it. Vampires are now Vampires the Redemption. (iirc) And Cain is no longer the master vampire. The abilities are less than what it were, and every is simpler. I don't know the fine details, since I don't really read up on it all that much. I'm only big on the vampire stuff.
---
#14druswidPosted 6/16/2009 1:47:18 PM
Hmm... well, it's a pretty well established RPG world, and I really don't know too much about it besides the games I've played. While I think the Hunter games are pretty decent, I thought Redemption was quite the awesome game. Felt a lot like Anne Rice's vampires, but even more involved. I was pretty keen to play that Werewolf game someone was developing a while back, but unfortunately it got canned for some reason or the other.
---
When man invented fire, he didnít say, 'hey, letís cook', he said, 'great, now we can see naked bottoms in the dark.' - Steve, from 'Coupling'
#15provettPosted 6/16/2009 1:50:56 PM
Dude, if you were a WoD fan. You have to play Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. That game is absolutely awesome.

Even with the glitches, its still good. But nowadays, most of the glitches are pretty much gone.
---
#16druswidPosted 6/16/2009 4:52:08 PM
I heard Bloodlines was pretty good. I'd have to track down a copy on amazon nowadays...
---
#17semianonymousPosted 6/16/2009 7:42:37 PM

Thats a game I've been meaning to track down for ages, supposed to be very similar to Deus Ex. Considering how thats about the best game ever and my favorite game ever, I've been rather curious about it

#18VladvonHeldrakePosted 6/17/2009 12:08:28 PM
when they say this is a reboot, I don't necessarily think it means a reboot of the entire Universe, but more just in the way it plays.

Besides, I like the Cronqvist story.
---
Geif-Spam your mom! She'll love it!
Gamertag: Kayne Archeron
#19provettPosted 6/17/2009 3:17:40 PM
^I think otherwise, that it is a reboot of the entire series.

I also like the cronquist story, but i think it is poorly written and played. But with a background with alot of potential.
---
#20Cappuccin0Posted 6/18/2009 9:30:23 PM
I guess it's been said before, but I think this was meant to be a totally different, new franchise for Konami. They just decided to add the "Castlevania" name on it because it happens to deal with creatures of the dark and stuff. So I bet any reference to past Castlevania lore will be just added later.