Sigh...

#1Death__BalladPosted 6/4/2009 9:41:15 PM
It's good to have Kojima but I'll miss IGA.
---
Patiently waiting for: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Golden Sun DS
#2arkrexPosted 6/4/2009 10:50:31 PM
Hand Metal Gear over to IGA. Fair trade.
---
The tongue is like a sharp knife;
It kills without drawing blood
#3SirJanysePosted 6/5/2009 2:12:42 AM
No. Iga can't write at all.
---
Janyse is my most favoritess person here - NecroZerumurk
#4castvaniaPosted 6/5/2009 5:43:12 AM
God castlevania has needed a change of direction for years, this can only be a good thing

---
Gamertag - Castvania
#5DROSSPosted 6/7/2009 4:10:30 PM
It's good to have Kojima but I'll miss IGA.

You masochist.

---
Tech Support: "What web browser are you using?"
Customer: "Aren't you my browser?"
#6RoryMcilroyPosted 6/7/2009 4:42:58 PM
Will IGA have no involvement? I know curse was a massive joke of a game which you all loved, but IGa's heart is in touch with the series.
---
To me, Mario is the face of home video gaming.
#7PixyMisaoPosted 6/7/2009 9:33:50 PM
Kojima writes too much, and doesn't know how to construct a salvageable narrative. His best attempt was MGS1, but since then he has redefined convolution... which is why Metal Gear will never work as a movie.
#8EmpireZosoPosted 6/8/2009 6:38:06 PM
I want IGA over Kojima. My fear is the game will only sell copies and be popular due to the big name attached to it. What the hell happened to IGA anyway? It's odd to have a CV announced and not have any word from him. Even if he isn't in charge of it.
---
When life gives you lemons you should make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS!?" Screw you life, I want some freaking cherries.
#9ornclownPosted 6/8/2009 8:38:42 PM
I don't know what's going on with IGA at this point in time, but I would really doubt he is out of the picture. It is not totally unheard of to have two separate studios working on similar titles around the same time.

Although Konami is calling this "Castlevania Reborn" and a "re-imagining," what I am thinking {hoping} is that this may just be a massive quest which takes place inside of the Castlevania universe - kind of like Demons Crest happening in the Ghouls 'n Ghosts universe, or the events of RE: Outbreak occurring at the same time of the "main" RE time-line.

I am really hoping that the 3D Alucard title is still being developed, one, because Alucard deserves another game, and two, IGA has poured his heart and soul into these past twelve years. (Even though he is a bit of a mixed bag. His hand-held games rule while his console efforts seem to lag behind.) Plus I want a sequel to Judgment!!! (I know, I know......)

Either way, Lords of Shadow is looking real promising. A fresh take on the Castlevania mythology might be just what the doctor ordered. I, for one, am looking forward to this game. After all, they had me at 'open-world' ..... I sense a bit of 3D Simon's Quest action happening here...... :)
---
Unless you master Hao-ken, you can never beat me.
#10PolixenesPosted 6/9/2009 7:56:02 AM
Not sure what to think.

I'm a little bummed that there's not another Handheld CV announced.
---
Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall.