This looks to be the best "Castlevania" in years

#1onedustybabyPosted 6/17/2009 8:04:34 PM
There, I said it. The past few DS and PSP titles have been okay, but this looks to out do them in almost every way. "Real" Castlevania game or not, I am really looking forward to this.
#21_snoopy_1Posted 6/17/2009 8:09:21 PM
damn right .....
#3provettPosted 6/17/2009 8:15:35 PM
right, damn!
---
Best Buy sucks so bad, I have to Sig it!
The customer service were stupid & they lied. Don't Buy from Best Buy
#4onedustybaby(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2009 8:16:40 PM
I mean, when I saw the trailer I though, "WOW, I need to see more of this!". With PoR and OoE, I thought, "Oh boy ANOTHER metroid-vania DS game..."
#5druswidPosted 6/18/2009 6:56:54 PM
When I saw PoR and OoE, I also said oh boy, another Metroidvania, only without the sarcasm, because you see, I actually like the handheld Castlevania games.
---
When man invented fire, he didnít say, 'hey, letís cook', he said, 'great, now we can see naked bottoms in the dark.' - Steve, from 'Coupling'
#6EmpireZosoPosted 6/18/2009 7:21:24 PM
Best CV in years? I highly doubt it. PoR was pretty good, better than OoE IMO at least. I bet this does about as good as the other 3D CV's did. But who knows. Maybe attaching Hideo-over-hyped-Kojima's name will help make it sell better. It's not that I don't like Kojima, I just hate it when something is deemed amazing just because something popular/famous is associated with it.
---
When life gives you lemons you should make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS!?" Screw you life, I want some freaking cherries.
#7onedustybaby(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2009 8:22:53 PM
^
Hideo is just icing on the cake. Also, the DS vanias were just boring. DoS was good, but the other two felt like EXACT clones of it. It was like playing the same game three times over.
#8provettPosted 6/18/2009 8:52:20 PM
Best CV in years? I highly doubt it. PoR was pretty good, better than OoE IMO at least. I bet this does about as good as the other 3D CV's did. But who knows. Maybe attaching Hideo-over-hyped-Kojima's name will help make it sell better. It's not that I don't like Kojima, I just hate it when something is deemed amazing just because something popular/famous is associated with it.

PoR was PoS... The story was worst than usual and I think aside from foundations, most of CV stories are pretty bad. The overly excessive leveling of subweapons, while good, was just grind, and for the most part to no good end cept for completion. Most the items weren't even worth the grind. The layout of the levels were absolutely horrid. Death and Dracula both acted like they lost 50% of their brain mass... and I could pretty much go on.

OoE I liked, the story still sucked, but it was different and the diference was interesting and fun, to a point. It wasn't omg awesome, but it wasn't PoR disappointing. Dawn of Sorrows, I haven't really gotten around to really getting into it but it was a pretty solid game, though the gimmicky magic circles was just that, gimmicky.

I'm not saying the games before this sucked... obviously enough. But I think LoS seems to be better. The thing is, we know little about the story, the music, the actual gameplay (how it feels). The bosses look fun to fight, though they haven't shown much... The graphics are impressive, and the voice acting seems better than SotN, and aside from some annoyances from SotN I loved SotN's VA.
---
Best Buy sucks so bad, I have to Sig it!
The customer service were stupid & they lied. Don't Buy from Best Buy
#9EmpireZosoPosted 6/19/2009 1:46:19 AM
^
Hideo is just icing on the cake. Also, the DS vanias were just boring. DoS was good, but the other two felt like EXACT clones of it. It was like playing the same game three times over.

Yeah I know. It still makes me mad, though. OoE problem for me was there weren't enough characters to move the story forward. You pretty much only had Shanoa, Albus, and Barlowe. True you had a lot of villagers, but they didn't really feed the story. (Other than to get the different endings.). I love Castlevania more than any other game series, however, it's starting to die on me it feels like.
---
When life gives you lemons you should make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS!?" Screw you life, I want some freaking cherries.
#10tancientsPosted 6/19/2009 3:06:39 AM
It looks like something different for the Castlevania series. I just really wish it had been intended to be castlevania from the ground up, instead of after 2 years of production, and suddenly "Oh hey, we could through Castlevania on your game title and it'll fit!" We'll just tell people its a 'reboot' of the storyline!
---
http://backloggery.com/tancients