So this game could potentially be awesome.

#1sonnymoonshinePosted 7/14/2009 11:29:57 PM
My dream 3D castelvania:

- Metroid Prime 2 type exploration and puzzle solving (Minus Morph Ball obviously)
- God of War style Combat (I would rather have Ninja Gaiden style combat, but that seems way too acrobatic)
- Ninja Gaiden difficulty (I highly doubt this one)
- Legend of Zelda variety in level design
- Metal Gear Solid quality of story
- Shadow of the Colossus style compelling story (You actually feel like you are struggling to take down the Colossi, every battle is truly epic in it's own way. They really made it quite immersive with little relevant text in the game.)
- The graphics are already looking top-notch.
- At least 15 hours long.
- High replay value due to tons of Easter eggs and Glitches for speed-running >_> (It wouldn't be Castlevania if you couldn't speed-run it.)

Add or edit, I just want to see what everyone hopes for.
---
I only really only teabag in L4D cause L4D is a game where you earn ever kill infected and human and tank twice as much. - stylesdark
#2e105betaPosted 7/15/2009 3:11:45 AM
Save for the Ninja Gaiden difficulty, I already get the feeling that LoS will have all of this.

I also sorely hope it's a bit longer than 15 hours. DMC4 was 13 hours and that felt too darn short.
---
When there are no doubts left -- Things become clear.
Peace and quiet are only for the bore[d]...
#3RayluzPosted 7/15/2009 6:01:39 AM
In Shadow of the Colossus the concept is that of a normal person pitted against giants and having to realistically climb or crawl (and trip and fall) to it's weak points, while in Lords of Shadow trailer what you effectively see is an unrealistically acrobatic main character taking the giants on a more even fight, so I wouldn't make that connection between the games. In fact, SotC is unique on it's own class.

Also, I don't think Kojima does more than just giving some input and maybe a few advices to the story. At least that's what that interview with the developer led me to believe.

But I agree it could be potentially awesome. Personally, I think it probably will be.
#4RayluzPosted 7/15/2009 9:47:27 AM
Ah...sorry T.C. I forgot you wrote it was you dream C.V. Disregard what I said.
#5sonnymoonshine(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2009 12:40:33 PM

Also, I don't think Kojima does more than just giving some input and maybe a few advices to the story. At least that's what that interview with the developer led me to believe.

I know, I was just saying that the Metal Gear games have amazing stories, and would like a story of that caliber in this game and the fact that Kojima has some input (if very little) is helpful towards that goal.

Ah...sorry T.C. I forgot you wrote it was you dream C.V. Disregard what I said.

It's alright. Like I said, I want to see what everyone else is hoping for in this game. They're claiming this to be a reboot of the series, so it better be damn good.
---
I only really only teabag in L4D cause L4D is a game where you earn ever kill infected and human and tank twice as much. - stylesdark
#6TheGivingTreePosted 7/16/2009 1:17:41 AM
I just have to throw this in there but SotC is one of the greatest games ever made.
---
[[PSN]] - CrucifixUs
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8
#7sonnymoonshine(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2009 12:53:19 PM

I just have to throw this in there but SotC is one of the greatest games ever made.

Everyone already knows this.
---
#8megawalkPosted 7/16/2009 2:03:08 PM
hopefully this is long yes indeed.
symphony of the night and dawn of sorrow were long already and gave me some enjoy
hopefully this game has the same levelling system as them =/
---
The sample of speed is a Blue dude with Attitude
#9MurderDeathKillPosted 7/16/2009 7:55:08 PM
Hopefully not.

Grinding when I'd rather be whipping things out of existence is not how I want to play Castlevania (this isn't to say that I don't highly enjoy the games when I'm not grinding). At least Portrait of Ruin set drop rates for everything to be much higher than Dawn of Sorrow. (it felt higher, at least.)
#10sonnymoonshine(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2009 9:51:42 PM
In SotN, leveling gave such small boosts, there was no point in grinding. Just getting better gear / more potions.
---