Just having played SotN....

#1Interesting_GuyPosted 7/17/2009 10:55:13 PM
and dare i say Zero Mission a few years prior I have to say I really enjoy the metroidvania game play, and though I am not expecting such from this game I felt it would be a good idea to come here to ask what other games in the two series are worth playing as well.
---
Is it because they are fun, or because they help you forget who you are? -King of all Cosmos on gaming
#2sonnymoonshinePosted 7/17/2009 11:04:56 PM
You're going to get a lot of mixed opinions on the matter, but any of the DS games are worth a run through. Dawn of Sorrow is probably the best on DS though.
---
I only really only teabag in L4D cause L4D is a game where you earn ever kill infected and human and tank twice as much. - stylesdark
#3Interesting_Guy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2009 11:38:30 PM
k cause i know there are a bunch plus another ass-loas of gba games so its a bit intimidating jumping into it.
---
Is it because they are fun, or because they help you forget who you are? -King of all Cosmos on gaming
#4PatrilotIVPosted 7/18/2009 12:08:00 AM
I actually didn't like Dawn of Sorrow very much for some reason. I liked Portrait of Ruin though.. and OoE was good too.
#5AndyliiniPosted 7/18/2009 12:14:27 AM
Here's some list of games you should try for both series:

For Castlevania, try Aria of Sorrow first. Dawn of Sorrow is a follow-up for it, so it's more wise to play them that way. Of course, you can buy Castlevania Double Pack for GBA, which includes Aria of Sorrow and other GBA Castlevania, Harmony of Dissonance. And then, of course there are Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia for DS. Order of Shadows is also downloadable for cell phone in the US. If you have a Wii, you can access the Virtual Console, and try some olc-school Castlevania's there. Simon's Quest has exploration elements as the other two are starightforward action titles. There's also Castlevania Judgment for Wii, if you're interested in Beat 'em up. It also gives some backstories of Castlevania Characters.

As for Metroid, you have played chronologically the first in the series, so I'd advise to play them in that order. Here is the chronological order:

Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA)
Metroid Prime (NGC)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (NGC)
Metroid Prime: Hunters (NDS)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii)
Metroid 2: Return of Samus (GB)
Super Metroid (SNES, VC)
Metroid: Other M (Wii, working title)
Metroid Fusion (GBA)

The Metroid Prime Trilogy is also soon available for Wii. Hope that helped.
#6guystarwindPosted 7/18/2009 1:11:58 AM
What systems do you have?
---
I can't wait for Golden Sun DS!
MGS/Zelda<Golden Sun<Fire Emblem<Castlevania<Chrono Trigger
#7Interesting_Guy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2009 2:21:39 AM
wow, thanks for that info, really useful. i appreciate it.
---
#8onedustybabyPosted 7/18/2009 8:08:59 AM
Dont ever play Metroid Prime: Hunters. Its the worst game in the series. There are literally two bosses in the whole game that just keep repeating and the controls WILL make your hands hurt.
#9Dominus_ParadoxPosted 7/18/2009 9:28:32 AM
If .you have a Wii, try Super Castlevania IV (on the Wii virtual console). IMO it's the best of the pre-SotN castlevanias--and I think it's better than any of the post-SotN castlevanias too. But that could just be me.
---
Revenge is a dish best served with some fava beans and a nice chianti.
Wait a minute, that's not right...
#10e105betaPosted 7/18/2009 11:03:45 PM
If you have a PSP, pick up Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles. Not only is it a remake of what could be considered the best Classicvania, but it also has Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood as unlockables.
---
When there are no doubts left -- Things become clear.
Peace and quiet are only for the bore[d]...