So will future Castlevania games follow this games story?

#1o___OkamiPosted 12/31/2011 10:39:15 PM
The creators said it's a reboot, but they also said it's not "canon".
http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/lords_of_shadow/preview-1975-2.html
---
I used to play Skyrim but then I took a patch to the knee.
#2u_jus_dun_knowPosted 1/1/2012 2:44:28 AM(edited)
how can a reboot ever be canon. if a 'reboot' is canon then it's not a reboot. that's a remake.
by definition, a reboot (a do-over) will eventually create its own canonical plot and is not connected to the previous series.

remake =/= reboot

So if a future Castlevania game follows this game's plot/timeline, prequel or sequel wise, then that game is canon to this one. So far they haven't announced anything unless you believe the music director's accidental slip in an interview that there's already a second one in the making.
#3LordoftheCastlePosted 1/2/2012 7:10:41 PM
Hopefully not since it was pretty awful.
---
Meet me bak at mah castle 4 sum wiked storwies...
There will be delicious /cake/ :3
#4rabbid_chaosPosted 1/6/2012 3:09:38 AM
I would like to see a sequel, it's nice to see a castlevania that's a straightforward action game like the older ones.
---
Zelda: Link, I think I'm pregnant.
Link: No problem princess! FALCON PAWNCH!!!
#5TheDawnRiderPosted 1/14/2012 10:12:34 AM
Well, I would like atleast one game that continues this storyline. It would be interesting to see where they go with the ending of Lords of Shadow.
#6Snake_GauntletPosted 1/17/2012 6:50:54 PM
u_jus_dun_know posted...

So if a future Castlevania game follows this game's plot/timeline, prequel or sequel wise, then that game is canon to this one. So far they haven't announced anything unless you believe the music director's accidental slip in an interview that there's already a second one in the making.

Cox all but confirmed it as well. Unless he's just trolling hard.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/01/03/rumor-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-hinted-at-by-producer.aspx
---
Chalepa Ta Kala
GT: Tanooki359
#7LordoftheCastlePosted 1/17/2012 7:56:57 PM
^ Cox's word can't be trusted. He's lied plenty of times before.
---
Meet me bak at mah castle 4 sum wiked storwies...
There will be delicious /cake/ :3
#8Snake_GauntletPosted 1/17/2012 9:33:38 PM
LordoftheCastle posted...
^ Cox's word can't be trusted. He's lied plenty of times before.

Touche
---
Chalepa Ta Kala
GT: Tanooki359
#9EmpireZosoPosted 1/24/2012 7:19:09 AM
Possibly. Maybe the next game will have Jesus as the final boss and you have to beat him to death with a turkey club sandwich as the invincible hero; Cox Belmont.
---
When life gives you lemons you should make lemonade, but I say, "LEMONS!? Screw you life, I want some freaking cherries."
#10wrmoaactyronePosted 1/25/2012 12:20:06 PM
EmpireZoso posted...
Possibly. Maybe the next game will have Jesus as the final boss and you have to beat him to death with a turkey club sandwich as the invincible hero; Cox Belmont.

you seem upset champ