THis game is awesome !

#1MotleyKhonPosted 3/5/2012 9:13:04 AM
Ive been playing castlevania since SC4
And i was really put off by the reviews and troll topics all over this thread for this game.

So i managed to get this game super cheap, after putting off buying it for a lonnng time, only to find that this game is mega kickass.

SO this goes to anyone thinking about buying this. Dont listen to the butthurt fanboys, it may be a rehash but LOS is an AWESOME game in its own right.

Pleasantly suprised, actually.
---
KaiTag- MotleyKhon .
#2simpoldoodPosted 3/5/2012 12:05:37 PM
MotleyKhon posted...
THis game is awesome !

THat is awesome ! good for you :)
---
Castlevania LoS Guide - www.youtube.com/On3ManCr3w
#3LordoftheCastlePosted 3/5/2012 5:50:18 PM

Playing Simon's Quest is my earliest memory. Get on my level.
---
Meet me bak at mah castle 4 sum wiked storwies...
There will be delicious /cake/ :3
#4Evil_the_NubPosted 3/5/2012 6:03:41 PM(edited)
I'm a huge Castlevania fan and I just got the game. So far I'm not really liking it. I'm on the Shadow of the Colossus rip off boss the Ice Titan. I hated SotC and this is even worse. I can only move or attack for 2 seconds before I have to hold RT for 5. So it's taking a boring, repetitive, unoriginal boss fight and stretching it out. Plus there's either a delay in the controls or they're totally unresponsive. I'll see it trying to swat at me and I'm trying to dodge, but Gaberiel won't move.
---
There are few problems in life that can't be solved by a hug-happy amnesiac pillbug.
#5teehee23Posted 3/5/2012 6:22:35 PM
Evil_the_Nub posted...
I'm a huge Castlevania fan and I just got the game. So far I'm not really liking it. I'm on the Shadow of the Colossus rip off boss the Ice Titan. I hated SotC and this is even worse. I can only move or attack for 2 seconds before I have to hold RT for 5. So it's taking a boring, repetitive, unoriginal boss fight and stretching it out. Plus there's either a delay in the controls or they're totally unresponsive. I'll see it trying to swat at me and I'm trying to dodge, but Gaberiel won't move.
--------------------------------------------------------------

That's part is dreadful but get past it and it gets much better.
Lots of fighting and puzzles.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#6squarex8264Posted 3/8/2012 7:37:43 PM
LordoftheCastle posted...

Playing Simon's Quest is my earliest memory. Get on my level.

I remember playing the original Castlevania when I was four. Get on MY level :)
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
***Xbox XDK/Natal Platform*** (PIX / Xbox Studio Tester)
#7Evil_the_NubPosted 3/8/2012 11:59:23 PM
I've gotten a lot farther now, in the vampire lords castle, and it still sucks. The worst thing about it is this poorly thought out combat system. The bosses are pushovers and the normal enemies are too damn hard. The biggest flaw is the enemies don't react at all when you hit them which makes doing any combos or advanced moves impossible. I've bought a bunch of skills and the only one that's any good is the chain saw. I get surrounded and I can't knock back or stun any enemies, so I end up just flailing the chain around and dodging randomly hoping I don't get hit by the swarm of enemies that are immune to the laws of physics.
---
There are few problems in life that can't be solved by a hug-happy amnesiac pillbug.
#8DarkastralPosted 3/14/2012 9:41:00 AM
I just got the game, and I have to agree with the combat being annoying. You can't hit-stun anything besides small fodder enemies, so your combos become useless on anything larger. And at the same time, the only thing you need to use to beat aforementioned fodder enemies is to mash Y and they all drop like flies.

Besides Guillotine and the Aerial grabs, I really haven't found much worth using
---
Not changing this signature until a new Breath of Fire game is announced
Started 2/8/12
#9VakuPosted 3/19/2012 7:26:02 AM
I saw this game way back when, expecting a Castlevania-themed God of War. Picked it up the collector's edition 6 months back, shelving it for later. Decided to bump it up on my play schedule on account of the DLC sale.

After playing it, I'd say it definitely draws inspiration from several other games, besides your generic action game (God of War/Dante's Inferno), it definitely draws a lot from Assassin's Creed. The titan battles seem a nod to Shadow of the Colossus.

My biggest gripes with the game so far: The layered tutorial system works for some games, not quite so much action games, or to be exact, teach your players to block and dodge first, dodge moreso than block. I must have spent an hour or so on the easiest level of the game because of their backwards mechanics.

As far as gameplay goes, its solid, I find myself mostly entertained. Although, my first playthrough is on knight difficulty, and I find the difficulty of the bosses askew. The Chapter III boss blew difficulty out of the water, until he transformed, then it became a cakewalk, easier than his first form. And the Chapter VIII boss was easier than Chapter III.

The other complaint comes from upgrade pacing. Early on the game sets a pace of one upgrade every other level or so. You get a relic, finish a stage, new relic. Even as far as weapon capacity upgrades, there always seems to be one per level, until shortly after Chapter IV, I believe, when it sharply dips to one every other chapter. It feels a little disjointed, or like they forgot to add them in. As far as the gem upgrades go, its pretty consistent, so far, but it feels like I'm maxing things out too soon, and I've been skipping over a lot of gems.

The last thing, annoys me more on premise than anything, and thats the whole Castlevania theme. I expect one of two things out of Castlevania (and really both in the end), traveling through some large semi-alive castle, and killing Dracula. I feel like I've already finished the Castlevania portion of the game, and the big bad vampire wasn't even Dracula. Now, I still have a few stages to go, and hopefully the game will throw out some twist ending where Zobek is really trying to become Dracula and he betrays you in the end so you do get to fight Dracula, but that has yet to be seen.

TL;DR: There's something wrong when you feel the need to include a Portal reference in your game, and you're not Valve.
---
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. The only future peace has to offer is war.
#10RatlegionPosted 3/19/2012 6:00:35 PM
I'm sure you now have a lot of people laughing about your reaching hopefulness, knowing it's about to be cut short.
---
TEAM NINJA IS NOT LIABLE FOR BROKEN CONTROLLERS!?