The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

What is the gameplay style like?

#1gexpres5Posted 11/20/2012 2:47:59 PM
I recently was given a used 360 by a family member and since I already preordered Mirror of Fate on the 3ds, I thought I get this game ( also its like $10 on newegg). My only experience in the castlevania games are the DS metrovania style games.

My only history in playing 3d environment games are those on Nintendo consoles (Zelda,Mario, star fox). I've seen youtube videos of the game but the only thing that I'm not really fond of are pressing buttons for action sequences (I don't know what you call it... I guess similar to an interactive movie)

Can anyone give me their thoughts/comparisons on how the game plays? Would $10 be enough for my taste or should I not bother?
#2FearthelivingPosted 11/25/2012 3:35:44 AM
It's a mix between God of War and Shadow of Colossus and so far I'm enjoying it quite a bit I'd for sure pick it up for 10 bucks.
---
Gamer Tag - FearTheLiving
#3gexpres5(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 11:00:27 PM
I decide to get it but I have to wait until it arrives in the mail.

Question: is this game heavy on those quick time button pressing scenes?
#4chiknzrule99Posted 12/13/2012 5:23:54 PM
There are quite a few quicktime presses, yes. But they're really easy and don't detract from the gameplay much. I've just recently picked this game up again, and it makes me wonder why I ever put it down. It gets better the more you play it.
#5sledgeshep1Posted 12/13/2012 7:27:43 PM
They're never any long drawn out QTE's where you must press multiple buttons and stick twirls to get it right that are lame.I've played up to chapter 5 andI usually hate QTE's but this is the one game i actually knid of like it.
#6codebreak1337Posted 1/11/2013 11:08:52 PM
its almost exactly like GoW...

you know it.
---
Codebreak1337 on gamefaqs.com for video guides
Check video section !
#7MirokumattPosted 1/27/2013 4:20:03 PM
codebreak1337 posted...

you know it.

Except for the part where the combat can actually be engaging in LoS. They are very very similar but it looks to me that LoS had much better cinematography. The shots felt more focused than they did in GoW.
---
Most people think time is like a river flowing swift and sure in one direction. They are wrong. Time is an Ocean in a Storm.
#8nazacuckooPosted 1/28/2013 6:41:54 AM
codebreak1337 posted...

you know it.

How is this like Gears of War? :)
---
If there is one thing I have learned from years of watching cartoons as a kid, its that you don't F*** with Shamans >:D
#9wombat013Posted 2/27/2013 12:50:30 PM
nazacuckoo posted...
codebreak1337 posted...

you know it.

How is this like Gears of War? :)

Um, GOD of War.
---
He who needs a pat on the back makes every man his judge
#10You_Need_A_LifePosted 3/1/2013 8:45:35 AM
Outside of combat, I think the games a lot more like Prince of Persia than anything else. Combat-wise, it's like any GoW-style Hack & Slash game, like Dante's Inferno for instance. However, this game is far less focused on combat than those games, and more on adventuring and platforming, with battles breaking those segments up.

Some levels are completely void of combat altogether, and instead are nothing but giant puzzle rooms instead. It's a very unique game that mixes up the styles and genres.