This game a prequel/sequel?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
  3. This game a prequel/sequel?
6 years ago#1
Or does Castlevania take the Final Fantasy approach to their series?
THEN DROP THAT SCIENCE
6 years ago#2
The Final Fantasy approach. There are references to older games, but the story isn't connected to any other CV.
6 years ago#3
Reboot
He spoke only the truth.
I survived the ApocalyPS3
6 years ago#4
Oh cool. I never got into the other Castlevanias because I thought they were all connected. How about previous titles? Still take the Final Fantasy approach? If that's the cast I might pick up the ones on the PSN.
THEN DROP THAT SCIENCE
6 years ago#5
For the most part, the games are all connected, but generally take place a hundred years apart or so.
"Nintendo doesn't feel [Fatal Frame IV] fits in with their current business model- that being cake baking and puppy shampooing "sims"."
6 years ago#6
this one takes place in 1047, the first castlevania on NES took place in the 1400's( i think?) is this the earilest cv timeline to date?
Playing:Digital Devil Saga , Final Fantasy 13
Waiting for-DC Universe Online,Castlevania LOS
6 years ago#7
Being related and being a sequel are different. Do you care to elaborate further when it comes to earlier games like CoV:SoN for exmaple? Are those game in the series related or are they direct sequel/prequel (for example, you're unable to understand one Castlevania without playing the other)?
THEN DROP THAT SCIENCE
6 years ago#8
you can usually understand each Castlevania game with out playing others as they are so far apart (in years at least)
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
GameFAQS - ShadowReaver GameSpot - WraithAnubis
6 years ago#9
Most Castlevania game have this one thing in common:

SPOILERS

You fight Death
You get to "kill" Dracula.

End Spoiler

Other than that they are tied together by a very loose time-line of Belmont blood...where LoS fits in I have no idea.
Also here is a Castlevania Timeline site thingie: http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Castlevania_Timeline
XBL/PSN: SeraphimJulius
Mini Moose!!
6 years ago#10
"Being related and being a sequel are different. Do you care to elaborate further when it comes to earlier games like CoV:SoN for exmaple? Are those game in the series related or are they direct sequel/prequel (for example, you're unable to understand one Castlevania without playing the other)?"

The majority of the games are just related,but SOTN is one of the exceptions,for example.SOTN is a direct sequence of Rondo of Blood.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
  3. This game a prequel/sequel?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived