This game a prequel/sequel?

#1SturmTempestPosted 10/1/2010 4:16:52 AM
Or does Castlevania take the Final Fantasy approach to their series?
---
THEN DROP THAT SCIENCE
#2OrangeSchweesePosted 10/1/2010 4:21:41 AM
The Final Fantasy approach. There are references to older games, but the story isn't connected to any other CV.
#3ragnorok17Posted 10/1/2010 4:21:49 AM
Reboot
---
He spoke only the truth.
I survived the ApocalyPS3
#4SturmTempest(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2010 4:41:05 AM
Oh cool. I never got into the other Castlevanias because I thought they were all connected. How about previous titles? Still take the Final Fantasy approach? If that's the cast I might pick up the ones on the PSN.
---
THEN DROP THAT SCIENCE
#5millimaynePosted 10/1/2010 4:43:19 AM
For the most part, the games are all connected, but generally take place a hundred years apart or so.
---
"Nintendo doesn't feel [Fatal Frame IV] fits in with their current business model- that being cake baking and puppy shampooing "sims"."
#6Mindwipe77Posted 10/1/2010 4:59:58 AM
this one takes place in 1047, the first castlevania on NES took place in the 1400's( i think?) is this the earilest cv timeline to date?
---
Playing:Digital Devil Saga , Final Fantasy 13
Waiting for-DC Universe Online,Castlevania LOS
#7SturmTempest(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2010 5:00:05 AM
Being related and being a sequel are different. Do you care to elaborate further when it comes to earlier games like CoV:SoN for exmaple? Are those game in the series related or are they direct sequel/prequel (for example, you're unable to understand one Castlevania without playing the other)?
---
THEN DROP THAT SCIENCE
#8Shadow ReaverPosted 10/1/2010 5:09:58 AM
you can usually understand each Castlevania game with out playing others as they are so far apart (in years at least)
---
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
GameFAQS - ShadowReaver GameSpot - WraithAnubis
#9Pale HorsemanPosted 10/1/2010 7:44:35 AM
Most Castlevania game have this one thing in common:

SPOILERS

You fight Death
You get to "kill" Dracula.

End Spoiler

Other than that they are tied together by a very loose time-line of Belmont blood...where LoS fits in I have no idea.
Also here is a Castlevania Timeline site thingie: http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Castlevania_Timeline
---
XBL/PSN: SeraphimJulius
Mini Moose!!
#10SEVNEYPosted 10/1/2010 9:41:58 AM
"Being related and being a sequel are different. Do you care to elaborate further when it comes to earlier games like CoV:SoN for exmaple? Are those game in the series related or are they direct sequel/prequel (for example, you're unable to understand one Castlevania without playing the other)?"

The majority of the games are just related,but SOTN is one of the exceptions,for example.SOTN is a direct sequence of Rondo of Blood.